What A Couple of Weeks!!

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
:) Whew!! The last 3 weeks have been hellacious, but worth it. I picked up a job to get my girl a flat-screen for Christmas, I had to study my *** off to finish the semester early, and I've been traveling like crazy.

Now I can almost catch a breather...almost. ;-)

0855 Tuesday morning I'm on a plane to good ol' San Antonio, TX for the USAF Security Police Academy. :-D WHOO-HOO! I couldn't be happier b/c I'm volunteering for Iraq (Tikrit). I actually left Contracting/Purchasing for this and turned down an Intel slot. But, hey, I'm finally doing something I want to do. After the Academy I'm off to Camp Bullis for Ground Combat training.

Yesterday with the M16A2 I qualified Expert Marksman hitting the necessary number of targets at 75-150-250-and 300 meters. :coolman: Now the goal is to knock out Expert on the M9, M203, and M60 - PLUS do the required "politics" - so I get a shot at Army Sniper School. An E-6 in my unit graduated the course a few weeks back.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my joy w/ the coolest people on the web :D . I still won't be around much until March '04 but will definitely drop in when I can.
:beer:

...Now if I just get a Mustang the world would be fair and balanced. :burnout:

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Hey whats up Jay!!!
Glad to hear that you are doing something that you want to do, more power to you for volunteering to go to Iraq, I am quite certian that you will be ok. How long is the deployment over there for?

Keep kicking ass man!:beer:

zzzzzer

Established Member
:-D Thanks, guys.

Tony, its hard to say right now. There have been slots open ranging from 90 to 300 days for the ANG. I'm hoping to pull a 180-day tour in either Tikrit or Saudi Arabia. I'm hoping to get over there around October.

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Originally posted by zzzzzer
:-D Thanks, guys.

Tony, its hard to say right now. There have been slots open ranging from 90 to 300 days for the ANG. I'm hoping to pull a 180-day tour in either Tikrit or Saudi Arabia. I'm hoping to get over there around October.

Heard that man, finally getting your call for combat:thumbsup:

zzzzzer

Established Member
Tony, I don't know if I told you but I spent Active Duty across the street from the beach while working what amounted to a military 9 to 5. Heck even the squadron was lightweight - 12 military, 90+ civilians. I figure its the least I could do b/c my first 4 years was a paid vacation...lol I was bored outta my freakin' mind but I sure had fun. :thumbsup:

CobraCallie

Banned
Congrats Jay :-D

Sounds like what my brother did in the USAF with the Secruity Police Academy. He LOVED it.. he still talks about it to this day. :thumbsup: Best of luck to you.. and STAY SAFE!!!

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Originally posted by zzzzzer
Tony, I don't know if I told you but I spent Active Duty across the street from the beach while working what amounted to a military 9 to 5. Heck even the squadron was lightweight - 12 military, 90+ civilians. I figure its the least I could do b/c my first 4 years was a paid vacation...lol I was bored outta my freakin' mind but I sure had fun. :thumbsup:

Now you're starting to make me think..................

zzzzzer

Established Member
Thanks everyone. :beer:

Now about that Mustang - anyone care to donate? :-D
<crickets chirping>
Anyone?...Anyone?...Bueller?...Bueller?

ssssnake

Established Member
Whoa! Congratulations Jay! I've been wondering where you've been. Expert Marksman? I'm impressed. Stay safe over there and drop in when you can. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread