What a Rush people!!!!!!!!

tammy

Established Member
My husband finally let me drive the Cobra a few (short) miles a time or to this past week. On Friday before I left work as ask him to come with me to take a ride.

SIDENOTE: His constant whining about the miles I was putting on it and not to mention the scolding and ranting about me pulling up to FAST at our shop oh and did I mention he acused me of scuffing a wheel!:kaboom: END SIDENOTE

Anyways I wanted him to be sure I was'nt hurting the car and shifting properly and basicially making him feel better about letting me drive it and hopefully ending some of his :cuss: everytime I take it out. Man what a thrill. We take it out the highway and there's hardly no traffic and I take it up to 110 OMG what a rush:coolman: I love this car (sorry honey). It was so sweet to feel the awesome power of the Cobra. I love to hear the Eaton whine. BTW my husband said I did a good job and that he's feeling better about me driving his baby now.;-). I would love to know what your wives think of your Cobra's and if they enjoy driving it. What an awesome car. You are truely lucky to not have to drive a minivan or kid hauler like some of us wives do I'm sure.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Tammy tell me you have a sister. j/k. My wife doesn't even like riding in my car. Says the exhaust is too loud, seats are too uncomfortable...blah blah blah. She has no intention of ever driving my car. Thats got me really upset........:D

tammy

Established Member
I can't imagine! My husband needs a wife like yours atleast he'd stop fussing at me about wanting to take out the Cobra.:burnout: As for the seats gawd there comfy I thought. I really really really really like his car. I'm so glad we got it so now when I'm feeling sporty I can atleast :whine: enough to make him give me the keys. We have always shared a love for fast cars and trucks and now we have a great one I can drive. He's got a 66 ford truck with a 429 scj. I would'nt drive that. No A/C no cruise what is he thinking? Love to hear that thing but drive nah. I want some exhaust really bad for his car. He wants a pully. (see mod thread (dub). I want something I can hear alittle more but not something that people can hear down a few blocks.

Rwick7

Established Member
My wife loves the car almost as much as I do...but I still don't let her get into the boost when she drives... :)

Just Kidding

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
The explosion of aftermarket parts for this car is unbelievable. I've never seen such a thing. My wife and I have alot of common interest. Unfortunately cars isn't one of them. Nice to see a woman as excited about the 03 as us guys are. Your husband is a lucky fellow.

Blades

Established Member
Aren't you the wife that crashed her husband's previous mustang 5.0? Just wondering. :D How did the wheel get scuffed? Does he post here?

Last edited:

tammy

Established Member
No you have mistaken me for somebody else. I don't know about the wheel. It must have been like that at delivery although he's been known to kiss a curb or too.:rollseyes Yes he posts here I just signing him up yesterday.

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Well, I'm sure you and my wife have a lot in common Tammy. We got the 01 in November of last year, and she couldn't get enough time driving it. We traded off between the Cobra & the truck to drive to work every day, but I knew she liked the Cobra a LOT better and she was always asking really nice if it was "her day" for the car - even though she had it the day previous. Well, what could I do but throw her the keys and tell her to drive safe & have fun. After a while, I knew that it was going to be impossible to keep her from wanting to drive it all of the time... So we went down to the dealer (I told her that we were just going down to look at the color options available for the Mach 1 - as I was thinking about getting one next year). As soon as we got there, we looked at the Mustangs on the lot and I pointed out the ones that had the same or similar colors that would be available. She spied a mineral gray Mustang GT on the lot and said she would really like it if it was that color. Well, one thing lead to another - so we put down a deposit & ordred a mineral gray 03 Cobra for her. :eek:

Yeah - the 03 was really for both of us & I get to drive it whenever I want (and I'm in charge of the modding decisions)... but to see her grin when she gets behind the wheel or tells me about how she smoked some ricer boy - tells me that the 03 was meant for her all along. She really loves the car more then I ever imagined she could - so I'm perfectly happy to see her behind the wheel much more then I am.

Giving my better half something so fun definently has it's benifits... and I can putt around in the 01 just fine. Besides, she's already agreed to get me a Vortec for the 01 next year - so it won't be too much longer before we're both blown. Maybe that was the plan all along - but I'll never confess that to anyone :-D .

Have fun!!! And grab them keys whenever you can :burnout:

EDIT: BTW - she has had a few "rim rash" accidents. I told her if she did it again I'd put curb feelers on the thing. We laughed about that one for weeks. The way I look at it is that life is far too short to sweat the small stuff - we can get the rims fixed easy enough... and she won't get to be better at driving it (actually, just parking it... damn curbs just jump right out there) unless she gets behind the wheel. I will say that she is getting better - won't be too much longer until she's ready for the track. She's already asked me when I'm going to get a smaller pully for "her" Cobra - now that's my gal!!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

tammy

Established Member
I never dreamed i would enjoy the cobra that much. I drove a GT too on the test drive and came home telling him if i were getting a new car for a toy that's what i'd want. I must have been sleep deprived.:bash:

As for the wheel I tried to tell him that the chrome would be available soon and if he wanted them we could get those for back ups.;-)

As for kills nobody prompts me at the lights. My husband can't stop at a dang light without some punk revving up next to him wanting to race.:shrug:

SB 03

Established Member
my wife loves the car, and I asked her a few times if she wanted to drive the beast, she said no, some other time, she gets to relaxed in the car, damn the luck :p

Dub

Established Member
Tammy wrote*************** What a Rush people!!!!!!!!
My husband finally let me drive the Cobra a few (short) miles a time or to this past week. On Friday before I left work as ask him to come with me to take a ride.

SIDENOTE: His constant whining about the miles I was putting on it and not to mention the scolding and ranting about me pulling up to FAST at our shop oh and did I mention he acused me of scuffing a wheel! END SIDENOTE

Anyways I wanted him to be sure I was'nt hurting the car and shifting properly and basicially making him feel better about letting me drive it and hopefully ending some of his everytime I take it out. Man what a thrill. We take it out the highway and there's hardly no traffic and I take it up to 110 OMG what a rush I love this car (sorry honey). It was so sweet to feel the awesome power of the Cobra. I love to hear the Eaton whine. BTW my husband said I did a good job and that he's feeling better about me driving his baby now.. I would love to know what your wives think of your Cobra's and if they enjoy driving it. What an awesome car. You are truely lucky to not have to drive a minivan or kid hauler like some of us wives do I'm sure.

U did a mighty fine job driving i must say and thats my car not my baby your my only baby. I can live with a little rim rash to see how happy it makes u to drive the cobra. :thumbsup:

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
hey dub..welcome aboard.
have you noticed the "quote" box on the lower right corner of every post? that might help a little bit.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
My wife can't drive a manual, but she said that even if she could there's no way she would ever drive the Cobra! I think she's scared to death of it and that's my fault. I babied mine for the 1st thousand miles but as soon as I hit the 1k mark the wife and I went out for a drive... I think she sh!t her pants! Blowing the tires off in the first 2 gears and power drifting through a corner must have made quite an impression on her. She was white as a ghost when I looked over at her, I imagine I looked pretty funny to her too! I bet I had a grin from temple to temple.

Now she wants me to find a cheap truck to use for transportation back and forth to work. She says I should keep the mileage down as much as possible...

U.M.

Users who are viewing this thread