What a scammer

93 COBRA

Established Member
I do believe Ford produced "Cobra" mats in more colors than black and opal grey. There was a blue set on eBay a while back. They're probably real.

PJM99

Established Member
I think those are in fact real. I'm pretty sure you could order those mats in different colors from Ford back then to dress up your GT or LX if you wanted too.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
Nope, Checked With Parts And They Said Black And Grey Only

yep I agree. I am sure that the mats themselves are FORD but somebody added the cobra logo.

I actually saw a set of these earlier this year. The guy said it was an order screw up. He had ordered some black and gray ones but the people he ordered them from sent some just like that

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Guys, they are GENUINE Ford mats, for the 93 Cobra. They were produced in limited quantity before the color mistake was discovered by Ford. So, there were some PRODUCED for a 93 Cobra with a red interior, there just weren't any USED for a 93 Cobra red interior, since there wasn't one.

There have been sporadic posts on this very subject the last year or two...

Speedfreek

Established Member
Richard I think we need to make this a sticky as it comes up all the time. I reasearched the part #'s thru Ford and they are Cobra specific mats. All I could figure is that the original supplier was unaware that Cobras were only made in two interior colors and they just made mats for all the colors.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
If I had the power to make it sticky, I would do so. Alas, a mod I am not. However, if someone wants to nominate me, I'll gladly handle the chore... :D

Tank5879

Established Member
they ARE listed in the ford parts catalog, I know this because i checked and found it with my own two eyes, black gray, blue, and red

Users who are viewing this thread