What about hooker headers?

timeforanything

Established Member
I was wondering if any one is running hooked headers and if they are a good choice for my 96 cobra? Tell me what you think. Thanks

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
They are good pieces. Spend the extra money for the ceramics IF you can. They give good clearance around the bellhousing as well when it comes time for a clutch job. Get their matching X-pipe as well, as you will have to mess around with other brand mid pipes to fit properly.

The FlowTech brand headers is similar to the Hooker pieces. The hookers have a 3 inch slip on collector, where as the Flowtechs have a 3 bolt collector flange and the drivers side is a two piece.

FlowTech:
big-12114-1flt_w.jpg

Hooker:
520-6229.jpg

Hogan

Established Member
I like my Flowtechs..got them from summit...

took like 3 hours to put in..and yes..I dropped my K-member..

the flowtechs come with everything...including the o2 sensor extenders.

timeforanything

Established Member
Thanks guys. Does anyone have a sound clip? I love the sound I am getting now. That classic mustang rumble. Only reason I am really messing with it is do to a bad stock manifold on passenger side plus the hp gain wouldn't hurt.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
The Flowtech's I had sucked. Leaked like mad from the slip fit no matter what I did. I wouldn't purchase them again.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Thanks guys. Does anyone have a sound clip? I love the sound I am getting now. That classic mustang rumble. Only reason I am really messing with it is do to a bad stock manifold on passenger side plus the hp gain wouldn't hurt.

This is a sound clip of mine when I had the Flowtech longtubes on, with a custom fit Bassani catless X, and a Flowmaster catback.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2Tutw5eqNU"]1996 Cobra - longtubes, offroad x pipe, Flowmasters - YouTube[/nomedia]

CzchMex

Established Member
I have competition hooker. I hated them in the beginning. They were installed by the previous owner. The collector leaked like mad. He threw a butt load of RTV on their so it's splatter red all I've the collector. But over time the carbon buildup clogged them so they no longer leak. I hear good things about them but I haven't experience any of those things bc of the previous owner which was an idiot.

timeforanything

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread