What about that funky roll bar!!

Nsssane1

Established Member
I see a lot of guys on here making good power and running fast 1/4's with nice looking cars but what about the roll bar, everybody running one that runs a 11.5 (?)or faster time. Now I'm debating again wanted to do some track time 5-6 times a year but not sure I wont to add that bar and hack up my car. I wouldn't wanna take that thing in and out just to go to the track but guess there's no best of both worlds. I know it's for safety. Guess I could just shoot for 11.5 but thats no fun or run until they tell me to not come back?

Blackmax

Established Member
I see a lot of guys on here making good power and running fast 1/4's with nice looking cars but what about the roll bar, everybody running one that runs a 11.5 (?)or faster time. Now I'm debating again wanted to do some track time 5-6 times a year but not sure I wont to add that bar and hack up my car. I wouldn't wanna take that thing in and out just to go to the track but guess there's no best of both worlds. I know it's for safety. Guess I could just shoot for 11.5 but thats no fun or run until they tell me to not come back?

Who the heck is going to tell you to not get a roll bar and continue to run fast till you get kicked out? You could end up in a funky wheelchair.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
+1. Along with other safety equipment (driveshaft safety loop, for example), that protects the person in the lane next to you and the people watching the race in addition to yourself.

Nsssane1

Established Member
Guess that answers my question everyone that run's below a 11.5 on here has a rollbar. I'm all for the bar but not for leaving it in all the time, if it was a track car only for sure. Need one that could get in/out fairly easy. Why upgrade your blower, why do need 650 whp for a street car.

Last edited:

Nsssane1

Established Member
Who the heck is going to tell you to not get a roll bar and continue to run fast till you get kicked out? You could end up in a funky wheelchair.

I was talking like my brother in law has been running below 10 for a while now without a cage and been getting away with it for months.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Some tracks are less fastidious about keeping track of ETs and equipment.

Before I owned mine it ran 9s.... It has no cage. I only ran it once and was asked not to return.

breoland

Established Member
Some tracks are less fastidious about keeping track of ETs and equipment.

Before I owned mine it ran 9s.... It has no cage. I only ran it once and was asked not to return.

I dont think they asked you not to return because of no cage, maybe it was because of your driving:poke:

Blackmax

Established Member
I was talking like my brother in law has been running below 10 for a while now without a cage and been getting away with it for months.

Yeah I'd be worried about lining up beside a guy like that, good chance an axle would break and he would take me out. At out track you sign a paper stating you have the neccessary equipment to race your time. If you kill someone and it ends up in court you could lose everything, not sure about the law in your area.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
I have an RPM 6 point. The door bars are swing outs. Best part is, just remove the lower reciever bolt and u can daily drive it without the door bars. Takes no time to put the bars back in. Get in and out no problem. The seat is still fully adjustable and i dont even notice it in the car anymore plus i daily drive her. The foot recievers are in such a place it never interferes with ur feet. RPM bars are pricey, but they nailed it.

DSCN1299.jpg

DSCN1300.jpg

DSCN1301.jpg

DSCN1302.jpg

Sent from my huge ass SAMSUNG NOTE using tapatalk 2

Last edited:

rlhay2

Established Member
I still take kids for rides in my car. Rendering the back seat inoperable or unsafe, for me, is not an option at this time.

DepWraith

Established Member
I have an RPM 6 point. The door bars are swing outs. Best part is, just remove the lower reciever bolt and u can daily drive it without the door bars. Takes no time to put the bars back in. Get in and out no problem. The seat is still fully adjustable and i dont even notice it in the car anymore plus i daily drive her. The foot recievers are in such a place it never interferes with ur feet. RPM bars are pricey, but they nailed it.

DSCN1299.jpg

DSCN1300.jpg

DSCN1301.jpg

DSCN1302.jpg

Nice. How much, installed?

Nsssane1

Established Member

DSCN1299.jpg

DSCN1300.jpg

DSCN1301.jpg

DSCN1302.jpg

Yeah but if you ever sell it your going to have to sell to a person that want's that car, seems if you took the bar out be holes everywhere.

breoland

Established Member
Yeah but if you ever sell it your going to have to sell to a person that want's that car, seems if you took the bar out be holes everywhere.

No matter which way you slice it, a bolt in bar or a custom bar...its going to take a person that wants it set up that way. may be a little harder to sell

there is no legal bar out there that can be installed without cutting up some interior pieces that can be replaced and making some holes in car. also the saftey factor of using the rear seat

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member

Its really not that big of a deal. I could weld the holes and seal them. I knew going into it that i'd never sell this car. After my 4r70 and 9" go in, ill basically be beyond ever being able to sell it but thats fine with me. This is my toy and i treat it as such

Users who are viewing this thread