What are my chances of finding a 2010 GT500 for 38 this winter?

Gatti-man

Established Member
I really like the new body style gt500 and am considering holding off buying a gt500 until they fall into my budget. How long do you think it will be until we see 2010s in the high 30s?

Gatti-man

Established Member
That's what I figured. I see them selling new for 43k so I'm hoping by dec to next April I can get them Used down to 38 either that or buy a leftover new that's heavily discounted. My dream would be ford doing 60mo 0% on leftover 2010s!

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member
Well you can dream, but I dont think you will find those terms. But I see no reason you could not find that price. Hell you can find 11's for under sticker already so why not.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I bet they take a dump. The 2011's and the rumors that the '12 will be even better are going to force the 10s into the crapper. There are alot of guys that already had the 10 and are dumping them for the 11. I'd say right after the new year prices will be where you want.

Gatti-man

Established Member
Yeah I really don't care about the super 11 with the lightweight block. I'm a modder so most of that will get tossed and I'd rather have the tried and true vs new fangled. I just prefer the new look.

txturbogs

Established Member
Yeah I really don't care about the super 11 with the lightweight block. I'm a modder so most of that will get tossed and I'd rather have the tried and true vs new fangled. I just prefer the new look.

Agreed on that. I knew about the 11 but went for the 2010 cause of the stronger block. Dont get me wrong, I like the 11 more cause of the slight changes, but I rather have a 2010...for now:rockon:

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
It's all a huge guess at this point. Things like the economy can greatly impact pricing as well. I didn't see 2007-2009 take a huge hit with the 2010, and I wouldn't expect much difference from the 2011 GT500. The only real threat to pricing is the insane 2011 GT :) It only has to prove itself over time.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
There aren't as many brand new one's left as you think. Sure they're scattered around here and there, but dealers aren't going to give them away as long as there's a chance they can get at least invoice and break even. I've not seen any of these new 2010's for $43k that you speak of, but if there out there I'd suggest you make the deal. That's about $3k under invoice on average and to buy a car like this brand new that far UNDER invoice is unheard of. Maybe $100 or even $500 bucks if you find a desperate dealer, but $3000 is just crazy.
The 11 won't have as much an effect on the 10 as people are making it out to be. Just look at the 07-09's and how their values were barely affected by the release of the "all new" 2010. The 2011 only has minor upgrades over the 10 and $ for $ they're priced quite higher in terms what you can find on the market.
You may be able to find a few no option 10's for high $30's come summers end, but don't expect them to be a dime a dozen. You'll have to search high and low for those deals.
As for the 0% financing, keep dreaming. Ford has never offered 0% on any of the SVT vehicles and likely never will.

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
There aren't as many brand new one's left as you think. Sure they're scattered around here and there, but dealers aren't going to give them away as long as there's a chance they can get at least invoice and break even. I've not seen any of these new 2010's for $43k that you speak of, but if there out there I'd suggest you make the deal. That's about $3k under invoice on average and to buy a car like this brand new that far UNDER invoice is unheard of. Maybe $100 or even $500 bucks if you find a desperate dealer, but $3000 is just crazy.
The 11 won't have as much an effect on the 10 as people are making it out to be. Just look at the 07-09's and how their values were barely affected by the release of the "all new" 2010. The 2011 only has minor upgrades over the 10 and $ for $ they're priced quite higher in terms what you can find on the market.
You may be able to find a few no option 10's for high $30's come summers end, but don't expect them to be a dime a dozen. You'll have to search high and low for those deals.
As for the 0% financing, keep dreaming. Ford has never offered 0% on any of the SVT vehicles and likely never will.

Not true about financing. I got my 07 GT500 thru Ford at 0% for 36 months in July of 07. There weredealers that thought I was lying about it. But it did happen. Just look at ford offers frequently and it might just pop up. It was only like athree week window

Yellow Horse

Established Member
I bet they take a dump. The 2011's and the rumors that the '12 will be even better are going to force the 10s into the crapper. There are alot of guys that already had the 10 and are dumping them for the 11. I'd say right after the new year prices will be where you want.

Like the 2010 forced the 2007 to 2009's into the crapper? I looked for a used 2007 to 2008 for months. They have held their value. You can not find a low mileage 2007-2009 for much under $35-38k. You may find one but it will be a private seller in need of money.

Gatti-man

Established Member
Like the 2010 forced the 2007 to 2009's into the crapper? I looked for a used 2007 to 2008 for months. They have held their value. You can not find a low mileage 2007-2009 for much under $35-38k. You may find one but it will be a private seller in need of money.

Seriously? You guys must not be looking very hard at all! Several 08's in Texas are sub 35k with low miles no accidents. I've found 3 2007s in the past two weeks sub 30k one at 27k, all clean low miles with no accidents.

43k new from a dealer in Texas, still hasn't sold. Do you guys even google anything at all or us craigslist? 35-37k will buy you a 2009 anywhere.

Gatti-man

Established Member
I know you guys find it hard to admit your cars are devaluing but that's just the nature of a sportscar tied to a common body car. Dealers always gouge used sports cars of all kinds. Quoting dealer prices is fools gold and not indicitive of true market value.

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Last I checked the mustang was its own platform. Dealer pricing will always be higher than a private seller, and yes a dealer can always make more than a private seller. This is why you will see a differentiation between the two with any price reporter like NADA or KBB.

Not in denial here. It's just funny how people who are in the market to buy are so eager to make these cars look cheap, and the ones selling are holding it up higher...wonder why that is.. I do know that forum pricing is always going to bash your "market value" into the ground for the dreamers. Plus people are always eager to look like they got the "Best deal in the world" so things get exaggerated on both ends. It's the internet anything is possible.

But yes, the 2007-2009 market is dropping the more than ever in the last 60 days.

Gatti-man

Established Member
The gt500 is a shared body with the base mustang. Did I really have to explain that?

I'm not bashing resale. Loss is what happens when someone pays msrp and then expects that to hold up two years later. Ask the guys who bought c6s in 05 and 06 only to sell for 50-60% of what they paid 2-3 years later. All I'm reporting is a common google search of cars listed on craigslist and eBay. Not this forum.

Last edited:

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
The gt500 is a shared body with the base mustang. Did I really have to explain that?

That's what I said ;)

Cheapest private seller for 2007-2009 is 34,000. This was a quick search on Autotrader and Ebay. These are mostly higher mile cars. I think the best deal I have seen reported to date was a 2009 with 24k miles for 33,500.

Autotrader "average" price is 50,000 :dw:

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
A lot of the dealers on ebay are still asking $50+ for 2010's....i find it hard to believe these are selling for $43k brand new! Hell used ones are going for mid to upper $40's with mileage on them!!

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Seriously? You guys must not be looking very hard at all! Several 08's in Texas are sub 35k with low miles no accidents. I've found 3 2007s in the past two weeks sub 30k one at 27k, all clean low miles with no accidents.

43k new from a dealer in Texas, still hasn't sold. Do you guys even google anything at all or us craigslist? 35-37k will buy you a 2009 anywhere.

He's looking for a 2010. If it was sub-$30k I bet it had 30k miles on it.

Users who are viewing this thread