What are yall getting with just a intaje and tune?

2SiKGT500

Established Member
I installed a new JLT big air intake and a dyno tune. My best hp after 5 pulls on dyno was 510hp and 508tq. Im just wondering if that good are should i have gotten more. Im doing a 2.6 upr pulley next week and dyno tune it again. Im hoping to atleast get close to 600hp after dyno tune.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
you will probably be in the 530-550 range with a pulley

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Your #s sound about right 20-30 hp gain from intake and tune. Would have been nice if you dynoed it before hand. Not sure if you would see 600 hp with just a pulley. My guess is more like 550-560 range at the wheel.

Last edited:

Tucker

Most 07-09 GT500's dyno 430-440 stock, but you will get those as low as 400 and as high as 460, I know I've seen both.

We see 60-90 RWHP gains from this package and most end up 490-510 RWHP so your right on par, tilting toward the high end.

Congrats and thank you for purchasing JLT!!

Jay

2SiKGT500

Established Member
Thanks to all the responds. And jay thanks for sending me that tune yesterday. I needed it bad couse the shop that sold it to me screwd me on that sale. Next time i will just call you and get it from you. Thanks again.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I installed a new JLT big air intake and a dyno tune. My best hp after 5 pulls on dyno was 510hp and 508tq. Im just wondering if that good are should i have gotten more. Im doing a 2.6 upr pulley next week and dyno tune it again. Im hoping to atleast get close to 600hp after dyno tune.

You won't get there if measured on a DynoJet and using SAE numbers.

As Jay said, you're dead nuts on with what you have.

The pulley will give you +/- 40 more rwhp (at sea level) over stock.

You can get a little more out of it by maximizing the tune, but most I've ever seen with those mods, stock gears, and safe air/fuel has been 565. (and that was a freak)

Bj

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S3, not an "i" anything.

Users who are viewing this thread