What are you lowered on?

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
Post some pics of your setups, and how you like it.

A big concern for me is how lowering my car will affect my times at the strip, I will probably not do it if I will have worse 60ft times and launches.
This is also a daily driver and I go over quite a bit of speedbumps and I dont want any noises or creaks.
I would really hate to ruin a great suspension from the factory and make it worse, because the car handles great already.

I want a small drop about 1-1.5 inches for appearance, I'm considering the Steeda Sports and Roush Springs with most likely the Koni STR.T shocks/struts and GT500 strut mounts.

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
I've got the steeda sports and adjustable koni's on mine and it's nice. very comfortable for daily driving. very little nose dive under braking, very little squatting when accelrating too ... it just goes.

more controllable when pushed to it's limits too. It was the setup that sam strano recommended for daily driving and adjustability if tracking it. If I didn't plan on taking it on a couple of race days, I'd have gotten the STR.T's.

tn_Stang_HDR-27.jpg

tn_Stang_HDR-6.jpg

tn_Stang_HDR-19.jpg

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
wow! that looks absolutely beautiful. you are one hell of a photographer as well!
When you say "track" the car is that at a road course or 1/4? What sort of adjustability do the shocks provide, ride height, softness/firmness?

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
sicshelby are you using only springs, no shocks?

Any need for adjustable panhard bars? you guys get alignments, if so was everything in spec?

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
wow! that looks absolutely beautiful. you are one hell of a photographer as well!
When you say "track" the car is that at a road course or 1/4? What sort of adjustability do the shocks provide, ride height, softness/firmness?

Thanks man. I haven't taken it down the 1/4 yet. I enjoy road course racing. A group of guys I hang out with will rent out the Talledega grand prix track a couple of times a year. I think next trip is in October. I missed the one in May.

shocks/strut have a dial on the top that you can turn to adjust the firmness. You'd need coilovers to adjust ride height on the fly.

Wow, are those HDR shots or some kind of PS effect?

Yup. 3 autobracketed shots compiled in Photomatix 4 then cropped/tweaked/color graded/etc in Lightroom 3.

SicShelby09

Banned
sicshelby are you using only springs, no shocks?

Any need for adjustable panhard bars? you guys get alignments, if so was everything in spec?

Springs only. And its the best ride I have ever had in a mustang. Soft like stock, but no more body roll and very little brake dive. Its like the car should have came with them. I had eibach pros on my 09 GT500 and those springs were so stiff and bouncy it totally ruined the ride of the car and turned the interior into a rattle trap. The K springs make the car ride firm, not stiff. No more floating like stock. And I did not install the adjustable panhard. My rear looks pretty nice, but I do think it could get adjusted a little. In other words I can tell the rear shifted over, but not enough to bother me.

SC2011GT

Til' The Wheels Fall Off
Established Member
I used the Roush springs, stock struts/shocks. No need for adjustable panhard bar, rear end was off by .04" which is probably as good or better as it sat stock. Front needed a small camber adjustment, and quite a bit of toe taken out.

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
I used the Roush springs, stock struts/shocks. No need for adjustable panhard bar, rear end was off by .04" which is probably as good or better as it sat stock. Front needed a small camber adjustment, and quite a bit of toe taken out.

hows the ride compared to stock, are you happy with them? do you plan on doing the struts/shocks in the future? any pics?

Turbosixx

Established Member
These are FRPP K Springs, stock shocks/struts. I need to find a set to 19's to really set the car off.

IMG_1283.jpg

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
i assume since you guys have drag setups you have done a couple 1/4 runs. do you guys have any other mods to the suspension, like control arms or anything like that? do the tires rub at all when launching hard?

Turbosixx

Established Member
i assume since you guys have drag setups you have done a couple 1/4 runs. do you guys have any other mods to the suspension, like control arms or anything like that? do the tires rub at all when launching hard?

All stock suspension. 1.60 60'

Swoope

Established Member
Thanks man. I haven't taken it down the 1/4 yet. I enjoy road course racing. A group of guys I hang out with will rent out the Talledega grand prix track a couple of times a year. I think next trip is in October. I missed the one in May.

shocks/strut have a dial on the top that you can turn to adjust the firmness. You'd need coilovers to adjust ride height on the fly.

Yup. 3 autobracketed shots compiled in Photomatix 4 then cropped/tweaked/color graded/etc in Lightroom 3.

photos look great, but the first makes the rear look high.. the second gets the drop right.. very well done.

i have about 6hrs on little talladega in my rx8. you have set the car up well for it. go have fun..:burnout:

beers:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread