What brake pads have good initial grab/bite and consistent stopping power but also run clean?

FIREBALL

Established Member
I know brake pad post have been worn out in the past but wondering if anything new. Im currently running Power Stop extreme carbon fiber/ceramic pads with Power Stop Cryo rotors, they have worked pretty well for me and run very clean, but I have never been happy with the initial grab/bite no matter cold or hot. Whats out there for a great initial grab/bite but still has fairly low dust?

Last edited:

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Well Carbotech has options but I wouldnt know which one to go with and they all say not for street use? So far all that keeps coming up is Hawk and they have a newer HPS 5.0 that is replacing the HPS that had been a long time favorite for high performance street and some track.

Go with the Bobcats 1521.

I've had good luck with their customer service. Contact them and they'll help you out.

Last edited:

FIREBALL

Established Member
Well after much search comparing reviews and ratings on multiple sites it came down to-- EBC Yellow stuff--Hawk HPS or their newer HPS 5.0-- Carbotech AX6s. I ordered the 5.0s, based on all ratings and reviews they seem to have the closest to the best of both worlds with great bite but relatively low dust and a decent price. While the Carbotechs are very high priced their AX6s seemed to fit both street and track but they do run dusty/dirty, same for the EBC yellow stuff. Got a special deal with Tire Rack for the hawks 5.0s, Ill report back with a review of the 5.0 Hawks.

As a side note the Carbotech 1521 bobcats was a high rated pad but on the lower end of performance for autox or track days and they are of a ceramic compound and Im done with ceramic pads.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread