What brand belt do you use?

C55AMG

Established Member
Jst curious to what belt evryone is using? I'm using one from napa, I have a BF non slip with all the aux idlers but when i dynoed my boost never went more that 12.5-13 lbs. from what people hav wrote, i thought i would be close to 15lbs... i only made 461.x hp and 467.x SAE corrected. temp was over 91 degrees outside...

ive seen people with similiar mods hit 47o isha nd 490ish tq??

should i change belt? i have some belt dust on idlers :shrug:

C55AMG

Established Member
mods are 2.76 bf w/ all idlers, FIPK gen2, magana flow ctaback, magnaflow off road x pipe, sct xcal - dyno tuned

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
NAPA belts are made by GATES. So they're a good belt.
My Cobra is close to yours in mods and I got 458/470.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
Gatorback here. no slip. I have considered going to the gates to get rid of the belt dust. I've read that the gatorback does create more dust especially when using a non-slip pulley.

Deano2246

Established Member
C55AMG said:
Jst curious to what belt evryone is using? I'm using one from napa, I have a BF non slip with all the aux idlers but when i dynoed my boost never went more that 12.5-13 lbs. from what people hav wrote, i thought i would be close to 15lbs... i only made 461.x hp and 467.x SAE corrected. temp was over 91 degrees outside...

ive seen people with similiar mods hit 47o isha nd 490ish tq??

should i change belt? i have some belt dust on idlers :shrug:

With just a 2.76 upper around 13lbs is right. I ran a Steg Stage 4 Blower, and a 2.76 upper and I was getting 13-13.5 with no slip. I added a 2lb lower and now I am getting 16

WDW MKR

Established Member
Absolutely nothing wrong with your numbers. You really need to take some of the really high dyno numbers with a grain of salt. It's not that people are lying or deceiving, but a lot of dynos and/or dyno operators can be generous.

MikeW

Established Member
I had a gates and went with a gatorback the 2nd time just to see and the gator seems not to make as much whistle for some reason. I like the gates and teh gatorback both :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread