What can I ask for my 03?

arc00ta

Established Member
Hey guys, not sure where to ask this but the search isn't working for me right now, just gives a 500 server error.

I'm moving back to the east coast in January and I can't take the Mustangs with me. I bought the terminator cheap with the hopes of fixing it up, but it never really happened. Too much going on and not enough time.

About the car:
- 2003 ZY Vert
- Most important negative, the mileage is unmatched. In 2009 before I bought it the gauge cluster was replaced, read 108,000 but actual mileage is 30,000 less. Easy to verify on the carfax as it increased 30,000 in a 2 week period. No wrecks.
- Paint and interior 5/10, needs work (plastics faded differently, seats and interior plastic worn, etc).
- Front bumper and passenger fender probably need replaced or work, its got a dent right where they meet
- Top is dead and gone, definitely needs replaced, back window held in with tape at the top.
- Motor is stock, low mile blower put on this spring with 2.96 pulley, makes 430/450 with tune, passes smog easily. SLP LM2 catback.
- Transmission built T56 Tranzilla installed in 2011, brand new as of this weekend Exedy stage 3 clutch, new ford cable, Steeda quadrant and firewall adjuster. Has tri-ax shifter.
- FTBR bushings, no clunk in the rear.

I really don't know what to ask for it, it is pretty rough cosmetically but it runs and drives great. Still handles and rides better than my 2010 GT. I've owned it for 2 years and it sat in the garage for a whole year which I found replacement power steering lines.

I figured it to be in "fair" condition on KBB and it says around 14,000 but it can't figure in the mileage issue and I don't think it would ever sell for that much so I have nothing really to go on. Ford dealer wanted to give me 8,500 as a trade on my 2010 so I kept it back then. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

jays03cobra

Established Member
That's a tough one mainly because the title will have to have a record on it that states odometer not accurate. Basically most people won't want to touch it. I myself would buy the car cheap then go on LMR and get what I need to get. Then id go to the body shop. And finally just redo the motor. It's a project car at this point. Go with your gut and try and get whatever you think is fair

03SVTerminator.

Established Member
I'd start at around 12.5-13k & see what happens. If I were in the market, given the issues, I wouldn't consider it for much more than 12k tops. Maybe some other guys can chime in. GLWS!

arc00ta

Established Member
Thanks guys, I was thinking is throwing it up on craigslist for like $12,000 OBO and see who bites. I'd rather let someone talk me down than lowball myself. I wouldn't really mind but I'm getting out of the military so I would like the extra cash to pay off other bills and put towards a house. With paint and a new top it would be pretty nice, I really love driving it but I just don't have anywhere it can go once I head back to MA where my family is.

Users who are viewing this thread