what can I do?

ray77

roll tide roll
Established Member
So I leave my house heading to work. Its pouring rain and around 11:30 so traffic is getting busy. I am on a 3 lane road that intersects a major highway. The left 2 lanes stop at a light to turn left and the right lane yeilds to merge into the highway.

I had planned to take my cobra to my buddys garage tonight for some work so :( I was in the cobra. I see a black 2010ish camry jump in the far left lane and floor it passing serveral cars. He then turns on his turn signal and trys to come all the way back over to the right lane. he does this with maybe 10ft before the light. he saw that I was in the lane but apparently didnt care. If I had not taken action he would of hit my car. I dropped a gear, hit the brakes, and ended up curbing my RF rim badly. I'm still suprised there was no contact. He speeds away with me still half way up on the curb but not before I get his plates.

I have friends that work very closly with leo so I placed a phone call. I was told I can file a police report, sign a afflidavid(sp), and that they can issue a warrent for reckless driving.

After being put on hold for a total of 2 hours, I just went into the police station. They basically said they werent going to file it because they would not have enough of a case against them.

What can I do here? It kills me for some dumb ass driver to damage somthing Ive worked and saved for my whole life without anything happening. The officers i talked to basically said ' you should of let him hit you". I'd be happy if the driver had to show up to court for his actions, even i he got away with it. maybe it would get somthing through his skull, other than vin deisel quotes

sorry for the bad grammer and spelling, It's late and I'm stressted. any thoughts or suggestion would be helpful?

SuperTorched

Established Member
I am so sorry this happened. You did all the stuff I would have done. So I dont really know what to say. All I can say is not to let it get to you too bad if that is even possible. Atleast you didnt get hurt and you still have your car in one piece. Im just trying to look on the bright side. So many stupid drivers on the road.

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
Same thing happened to me, but the curb I ended up on scraped my side skirt :///. You know how bad it is to paint a "mystichrome"? It effing sucks! In fact I still have the scrape cause I can't afford to re-paint and blend the whole car again in MC. Stupid expensive. After this deployment, I might actually fix it after 2 years!

Idk what you can do. Here in CA, police won't do anything... No injury, no report = near impossible insurance claim w/o witness.

itSSlow98

Established Member
You sure the car wasnt parked out front of your house and someone hit it and didnt leave any info? Uninsured motorist would then cover it. Just sayin ya know hypothetically.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
In NC that is considered a non contact wreck..with another vehicle. In other words, his actions forced you to do what you did, causing damage to yours. That would work here,especially with tag info on the other vehicle. Reckless driving is also a likely charge imo based on your description.
Unless you can get his info[name,address and insurance] sounds like you are going to come out of pocket.

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
Correct. Did you see the driver? It's good you got the plates, but about all we could do in MD would be go to his house, talk to the registered owner and ask him who was driving. Most people will come clean, and if not, they COULD be issued a ticket, but unless you saw him driving, nothing will come of it in court, it'll get tossed out.

As far as the accident goes, if there are no injuries and the car can be driven away, there's no report. We give you a police number to basically show we came out, and you give that to your insurance company but that's it.

Although, the judge could hear the story and ask the driver who did it....I've seen some judges get pretty po'd about stuff like this.

tistan

Established Member
Next time let them hit you. I had an accident that I could have avoided, but I would have had to jump a curb. Lady decided at the last minute that she wanted to cross 3 lanes and turn right. I stayed in my lane and the bitch hit me, and I still ran up on the curb. Then she tried to run so I punched the gas and hit her in the rear. Luckily for me she stopped after that because she would have got away due to my front wheel missing about a 4" chunk of aluminum. She then tried to tell the cop that it was my fault she hit me because she put her blinker on.

Users who are viewing this thread