What cat-back do you recommend??

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
What are some of your experiences with your cat-backs? How much of a difference, dyno's??? What type, how big are the tips, and how does it look?? Where did you buy and how much? Worth it or not? Sorry for so many questions but I want to install a good system to get some more power but I don't want to much drone in the car. Thanks in advance.

USMCracing

Established Member
I wanted my Cobra to sound dif. so I got the Magnaflow cat back. I don't really like the tips, they are 3.5" and I think look to big. The sound is great at WOT and quiet at idle. I've never had my car on a dyno so I can't be any help on dyno numbers. Go to mustangexhaust.com they have tested almost every catback out there and they have a sound room on their site so you can hear what dif. set ups sound like. My vote is for Magnaflow. I got my catback off of ebay for $320 shipped from Va to Az. Good Luck

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
That is the system I was going for but I didn't like the tips I would probably go with the 3 inch and try to have the tips cut at an angle. I wonder if anyone can do that. Thanks. Keep the posts coming.

ducci610

Established Member
I went w/ a Bassani cat back because i wanted a different sound. It does not have a drone and sounds like the devil gargling methane at wot. You can get aluminum systems for a fraction of the cost. I paid $460 for mine. Go with the x-pipe too if u really want to make a difference.later

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
I've run a Borla cat-back, flowmaster cat-back, mac cat back and now run magnaflows w/turndowns. The flowmaster mufflers rusted out on me and was a nightmare to install. The mac sounded great, was a breeze to install and was very affordable with nice tips. I would recommend the mac kit. The borla was great but very pricey...hated to get rid of but the panhard bar and tq arm set-up forced me to go to a custom made system where I used the magnaflows. They sound good, but I liked the Borla and Mac the best. Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread