What clutch and why?

hammerhead2

Established Member
I am looking at getting a clutch here soon and was wondering what you guys thought was the best option. It would need to hold up to at least pulley and ported power. I was hoping to get opinions from people who have actually run them and just what they thought about the drivabilty and how it has held up. The car will see the track a few times a year but mostly be driven on the street. Thanks in advance for any help.

Also any suggestions on what flywheel to go with or just leave the factory one?

Last edited:

0dsgvert3

Established Member
i was going to ask the exact same question tonight when i got on. i am in the same boat. the car is on jackstands as we speak and needs a new clutch before it is driven again. my car will be DD and mods include pulley and tune right now. so i need something that will hold up to more mods but will last as a daily clutch aswell

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I say go big or go home! Go with a clutch that will handle 700lb's tq and upgrade the stock input spline to a 26 spline, it would suck if 6 months down the road you have to replace the clutch again cause you went with a cheap setup. I suggest a fidanza 4.3 26 spline or a spec 3+, as for the flywheel stock imo will just do but a aluminum fly wouldnt hurt if you have the coin...gl with your choices...

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Don't go stage 3 for daily driven u will get alot of chatter in low rpm, I have a spec 2+ and it's good for 600+ rwp. I put a forged steel fidaza fly just cuz if it go's out u can buy a surface plate for $80 or just resurface ur stk one for 40 50 $ and save $250+. If ur not go n for huge power u won't need more also comes with TOB and Pilot bearing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread