What clutch to buy? 10 or 26 Spline?

LCCOBRA

Established Member
I'm looking into upgrading my clutch to an aftermarket one because the stock clutch is just too heavy and hard to deal with and at my power level I’m not surprised it's going out. Going to the dealership to see what they think and if they can do anything for me. But if I was going to upgrade to a new clutch all I would need to go to a new 10 spline is the new clutch and pressure plate and maybe a new Throw-our bearing? Now if I were to upgrade to a 26 spline I would need a new Input shaft from LiberyGear and the 26 spline clutch/pressure plate, Throw-our bearing? I really like the Centerforce clutches but what else is out their? Any info would be great!

Last edited:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
LCCOBRA said:
Now if I were to upgrade to a 26 spline I would need a new Input shaft from LiberyGear and the 26 spline clutch/pressure plate, Throw-our bearing? I really like the Centerforce clutches but what else is out their? Any info would be great!
People have had various luck, good and bad, with just about every clutch out there. I hear of people who love their spec and other hated it, same for mcleod, centerforce etc. In the end you will prolly just have to pick one and try it.

As for the 26 spline input shaft I would definatly do it if tranny is coming out. You will need to get a clutch for a 26 spline also.

Users who are viewing this thread