What color of gray is the SC????

sltblock

Established Member
What color of gray is the factory SC? I'm going to touch up my SC and not sure what color of gray to buy. I called the local Ford dealer and they said it was the last 4 # of my ID tag(I'm sure that is what i would need for exterior touch up paint)but not the for the gray color of my SC. Another question is can i just drop my stock heat exchanger down enough to spray it with a light coat of paint or will i have to take it all the way off? thanks, Rob

Last edited:

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
The Super Charger should be the same color as the belt guard. Take if off and have an auto paint supplier take a sample of the color. They can match it very closely. I just had some mixed to touch up a few spots. It cost me $12.00 for a pint of Deltron base coat.

sltblock

Established Member
Thanks for the input. I will take the cover to a local paint shop and see if they can match it for me.

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
What about the Heat Exchanger question? I need to know.

Depending on what you are talking about painting it with, you may end up really decreasing it's efficiency. They do make radiator paints that don't hurt heat transfer, but all those paints I've seen are black so if you are thinking of a different color I would watch out.

Users who are viewing this thread