What Computer Game is this? Help.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Back in college, probably 2000 or 2001, I played a computer game that was probably my favorite of all-time. I'm not a gamer, but I thought this game was pretty badass. It was just a group of us in the computer lab that played against each other.

Here's how it went: You pick a landscape to fight on. You get points by killing another person in the group that signs on at the same time you do to play against you. There are no teams, but I'm sure you can make alliances and such. You get more points for sneaking up on someone and stabbing them rather than shooting them from a distance. If someone is trying to sneak up on you, you can hear footsteps in the grass. Whoever has the most points at the end wins.

Anyone know what game this could be? It was around in 2000, but I remember it had pretty good graphics, and it was fun as hell.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Yeah it wasn't that. It was pretty realistic like you were a sniper of a special forces guy, except by yourself trying to kill every other person just like you that was around. All real (existing) weapons.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Ghost Recon?

Delta Force?

Rainbow Six?

Serious Sam?

Certainly not Halo/Counterstrike/DoD/Half-life.

Uh....Those are the only four that came to me right away. I wasn't playing FPS's back then, so I'm not sure. If I think of something else I'll post it up. The last two I've never actually played, so I don't know if those are too far off or not.

Last edited:

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Was it C&C Red Alert?

Actually, was it a 1st person shooter or what?

Well he talks about sneaking up and stabbing people, as well as shooting, so I'd assume it's a FPS.

Regardless, the first Red Alert (like all the early C&C games) was amazing.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Sounds like counter strike lol.

counter-strike-freelancing1.jpg

txyaloo

Established Member
Sounds like Delta Force/DF2. This is the 10th anniversary of DF so it came out around the right time, but really any FPS that came out around the same time was similar.

:lol: Delta Force land warrior... The last computer/console game I ever bought.

NovaLogic.com - Official Website

jf4boogie

Established Member
Sounds like Delta Force/DF2. This is the 10th anniversary of DF so it came out around the right time, but really any FPS that came out around the same time was similar.

:lol: Delta Force land warrior... The last computer/console game I ever bought.

NovaLogic.com - Official Website

That has to be it.

Delta Force was a big hit when I was in college. We'd go take over the computer lab on short breaks between classes. Knife a sniper FTW!!

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Some of those look pretty close. There were no monsters, helicopters, tanks, or cars. I remember one landscape had hills on the sides. In the middle, there was an island just big enough to fit the one building on it. Everyone that tried to make it to that building was shot because there was a little clearing before the moat.

Anyways, some of those games you guys mentioned looked pretty cool. I'll just check out some of those.

roadbratt

i drive the speed limit
Established Member
There were a lot of Half-Life mods around that time so it could have been one of those. Day of Defeat was also a popular one, but it was WWII-themed... but as far as I know, these are all team-based mods, nothing was free-for-all.

My bet is that you played one of the mods for HL or Q3.

Users who are viewing this thread