what could i use from SMP?

HIErPwRd

Established Member
like the idea of supporting a supporting vendor, so help me out here :D

have already decided to go the menzerna route, will be using:

FPII
FTG Final Touch Glaze
FMJ

already have shampoo, a grip of high end mf towels, pads and a pc...

is there anything from the PB/CK line that I can use in conjunction with the above mentioned?
(dont think you can top FMJ with anything, and Ive been told it'd be pointless to use anything else in between FPII & FMJ)

at minimum i think ill place an order for a couple of his mf's and see how they compare to the ones ive got...

spree

Established Member
If your car is white and/or red...I'd pass on the FMJ and go with a good carnauba wax.

For white
FPII
VM
EX
Natty's

For red
FPII
RMG
EX
Natty's Blue

spree

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
spree can the Ex" be substitued with the CMW for whites. ? followed by natty's ?

sure, knock yourself out. EX is a bit more "fun" though since you can layer it.

Scott P

Established Member
How about one of everything? :-D

With luck, I'll be giving the Menzerna stuff I bought a try tomorrow on the wife's MG. I don't know how strong FPII is, but if the swirls are deep enough, it may not be strong enough. A bottle of SSR2.5 would be a good first step to use if FP II isn't getting the job done.

Other than that, I would look at a quick detail spray like Quik Shine or Spray & Gloss to touch up the finish after you wash the car. You can grab Bold N Bright, Clearkote Tire Treatment or Four Star Ultimate Tire Gel (call or email to order) for the rubber on your car. I like Bold N Bright followed closely behind by the Four Star stuff myself. You could shine and protect your wheels with Poorboy's Wheel Sealant.

For microfiber, look at the starter kit. You get a very good assortment of towels and can see which ones you like best.

Then again, we can go back to that one of everything idea. :beer:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
than EX' will be. because if im going to add Natty's its logical to add EX' because it has no carnauba. I did my mothers white Montero with ssr 2.5, vm and cmw and the results were very disapointing. Hopefullt the ex and natty's will do the trick.

Juiced-03

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
than EX' will be. because if im going to add Natty's its logical to add EX' because it has no carnauba. I did my mothers white Montero with ssr 2.5, vm and cmw and the results were very disapointing. Hopefullt the ex and natty's will do the trick.

EX-P is what you want! EX is the one with carnauba. EX-P is a pure sealant.

I have used EX-P and Natty's on white and it looked very nice! :thumbsup:

I have it on my GF's Celica right now and she loves the look. The paint was very wet and reflective.

Last edited:

HIErPwRd

Established Member
spree said:
If your car is white and/or red...I'd pass on the FMJ and go with a good carnauba wax.

For white
FPII
VM
EX
Natty's

For red
FPII
RMG
EX
Natty's Blue

Thanks for all your replies everyone, looks like this thread opened the door for a little product dialogue :read:

One of my main concerns was finding a product line up that wouldnt darken the appearance my finish (rio red)

Pretty sure the PB Blue products will give it a darker appearance...

From what Ive heard I may not be able to get the swirls cut with the products I have- am hoping to go at it in the next few days so I'll know soon enough...

Think I'll definately have to try out the Mega Plush towels, have heard nothing but great things about those.. :thumbsup:

HIErPwRd

Established Member
****FOR ANYONE LOOKING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FREE SHIPPING AT SMP****

Just saw that its good through tommorrow, 22 hours 40 minutes and counting
:hurry:

spree

Established Member
HIErPwRd said:
Thanks for all your replies everyone, looks like this thread opened the door for a little product dialogue :read:

One of my main concerns was finding a product line up that wouldnt darken the appearance my finish (rio red)

Pretty sure the PB Blue products will give it a darker appearance...

From what Ive heard I may not be able to get the swirls cut with the products I have- am hoping to go at it in the next few days so I'll know soon enough...

Think I'll definately have to try out the Mega Plush towels, have heard nothing but great things about those.. :thumbsup:

"Darkens" is really more of a way of saying that it'll make your paint look wetter. But, if you want to go for more of the reflective/mirror-shine look, do this:

FPII
VM
CMW or EX

HIErPwRd

Established Member
thanks spree-
detailing has been on the backburner the last few days, have a new shelf full of stuff, but havent been home in three days as my dads been in the hospital..
will touch base with you guys when i get a chance to 'go to work'

appreciate all the info :)

Users who are viewing this thread