what could it run?

matt87

Established Member
hey guys my friend just picked up real nice 95 lightning. i'm not 100% sure of the internal engine mods but i know the heads are ported and polished. it has a intercooled vortec v1 @ 12 psi, accel dfi, 42# injectors, long tube headers, complete aromotive fuel system with a sumped tank, 390-45-17s on widened stock wheels with m&h drag radials. any idea what it could run? gonna see in the spring when the track opens. thanks!

95'lightning

Established Member
mine has less boost, shorty headers, 30lb injectors, mass air, fuel system, and regular tires spinning a lot. the last time i ran it ( about seven years ago ) it was only 9.20- 9.30 in the 1/8th. I'd like to run it again, I have more seat time on the bike and in the car now. I'd say a lot of the time was the driver's fault.

Blue OVal Forev

hey guys my friend just picked up real nice 95 lightning. i'm not 100% sure of the internal engine mods but i know the heads are ported and polished. it has a intercooled vortec v1 @ 12 psi, accel dfi, 42# injectors, long tube headers, complete aromotive fuel system with a sumped tank, 390-45-17s on widened stock wheels with m&h drag radials. any idea what it could run? gonna see in the spring when the track opens. thanks!

My Full Effects Supercab. Ran 12.51 @ 106

It was at 13 psi Non iced with a stock short block Twisted Wedge heads and a custom roller cam. 42# injectors Tweecer Tuned by SSTOCK!!!

Could have gone quicker with a converter I was running a stock one.

http://www.nloc.net/photopost/data/2323/medium/L-Fest_Action_Rear.JPG

You have any pic's of the truck your talking about? ALso what color?

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
Sounds like a nice truck and a solid 12 second performer. With the intercooler it may stand to have a bit more boost for running real fast. Good luck!

Where did the truck come from?

Jim

matt87

Established Member
the truck is from NJ, it was tuned by Job Spetter jr. its metallic black, maybe repainted few years ago. seems real fast, like it should kill my cobra. EDIT: we ran today for fun, we both had 0 traction, i ended up putting a car on him. i still say its a solid 12 sec truck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread