What did you ACTUALLY pay for your Cobra?

danieljag1

Established Member
Curious to hear what buyers actually paid versus what the sellers asking price was over the last couple of years?

There seems to be no shortage of mid-high mileage average condition Cobras for sale between $30-40k. I have a hard time believing these cars are truly selling for some of the outrageous asking prices.

Disclaimer: not devaluing these cars at all. Just curious what the gap is between asking/selling price.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I haven't purchased one since the big price hike......but to add to the conversation (these are round about numbers, I can't remember exact mileage/purchase price)

-2004 Black Cobra. 45kish miles paid 17k in 2010. Mild mods. Exhaust, pulley ported blower 45kish miles paid 17k in 2010. Sold that car for 18k or so about a year later with around 50k miles

-2003 Sonic Blue. 33k miles. Paid around 19k around 2013ish. SRA swapped, Ported blower, exhaust, Saleen spoiler. some other bolt on modifications. Sold this car for 20k with 39kmiles as a bolt on car. But it had been modified and demodified (VMP TVS). Sold it around 2015.

-2004 Mystichrome. 24k miles. paid 24k. 2015. Bolt on modifications and Cams. Purchased with undisclosed issues which triggered a heavy modification. DC heads, 2.9 whipple, return set up RXT ect ect ect. Sold with 27/28k miles for 26k in 2018.

-2003 DSG. 50k miles. Aluminator, TVS, E85 ect ect ect. Paid 20k. This was a pile of shit I bought site unseen as an impulse buy. Ended up parting it out and selling as a roller for 10k.

-2003 Sonic Blue. 21k miles. paid 26k. This car was clean and I still have it. Had a 2.6 KB boostapump and exhaust. Everything else was untouched. I have since turned this creampuff beauty into a modified project car because I have a mod addiction. LOL still a very clean and well modified car, It would take 45k+ for me to entertain selling it. Currently has 23kish miles. If I ever do sell this, it will be my last terminator so its a "no expense spared" type of build.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I paid $31k in 07 with 3k miles on it bone stock

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
I bought a Zinc yellow 03 Cobra about 2 months ago. 39k miles, had a new front bumper on it that needed painted. Interior was 7.5 out of 10. I cleaned it up and detailed it it's about 9/10 now. Car has a full metco pulley set, afco heat exchanger, KB boost a pump, and new McLeod clutch. He also thew in a new boost a pump, shorty headers and the SCT x4 for the tune. I paid 20k for it. I painted the bumper and can't wait for summer!
IMG_20230316_101610_100.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S918U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
Guess I'll open myself up to ridicule....

Bought in 2015 for 21k. It had 97K on it, but the engine had been replaced with a remanned at 67K. It had every mod I wanted at the time. Upper pulley, H&R's, aftermarket pullies, exhaust (which I still changed), and RXT. Included with the sale was a set of machined Cobra wheels, MM SFC's, and the FTBR bushing kit with the milled FRPP cover. So really I probably paid what I would have paid for a cheaper car with all the mods included. Plus it was the only MC coupe for sale at the time for some reason. My wife and my friends were looking for me too. My wife just happened to find this one buried in the sale ads on Craigslist I think.

The previous owner gave up trying to buy it back after about 3 years.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
In January 2021 I paid $20k for mine. I overpaid but I was ok with it.

2003 Redfire Vert, 69k, stock with Borla catback and upper pulley. Exterior is 7/10, interior is 9/10.

HPLouis

Established Member
My third Mystichrome, a coupe, was bought for $35K with 9700 miles back in September of 2020. Someone offered me $55K for it in March of 2022, a year and a half later with about 10K miles and I sold it. I then saw it for sale, in Florida, about six months later, still with 10K miles for $72K. I'm not sure if it sold for $72K however. The car had a Magnaflow catback and x pipe, tune, Metco 2.8 pulley and idlers and JLT intake. I also had all the stock parts that went with the car.

Last edited:

SVTerminator0304

Established Member
Where the hell are you guys finding these deals? Some of these seem pretty recent and snagged up for 20k and low 20s. When I asked about 20-25k mile cobras in any condition I got laughed at in the classifieds so I’m genuinely confused as to where you guys are finding these.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Where the hell are you guys finding these deals? Some of these seem pretty recent and snagged up for 20k and low 20s. When I asked about 20-25k mile cobras in any condition I got laughed at in the classifieds so I’m genuinely confused as to where you guys are finding these.
Mine was a small dealer in IL...Listed at $22.5k, I told them I would buy it for $20k the day after I went and looked at it.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I gather a lot of the deals you're seeing are because they were high mileage cars or not as desirable color combinations

Users who are viewing this thread