What did you do about a HOOD LIGHT?

bskinner

Originally posted by Annihil8or

There might even be a law enforcement application for this device, officers on bicycles & horseback could use them with interchangeable headlamp lenses for different purposes.

:beer:
Im a police officer and i promise you wont sell that little Fu@#er to me, as a matter of fact scrap the whole idea because i dont want some moron in my administration hearing about it and deciding its a good idea and purchasing 200 of those hideous little contraptions

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
"That's the one thing that gets me about Ford. It's these nice little touches that they seem to forget. I believe that most GM cars have them. I know for sure the 3rd gen Camaros have them"

Sure makes me want to dump the Cobra for one of those fine GM supercars!

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
How about these?
I actually have a pair, but have yet to use them. Got them for Christmas.

LED Glasses

Dana

Those are nice but would they be bright enough? They still don't address the issue of roadside safety like the rotating amber light would.

HEADLAMP9.GIF

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
Originally posted by SPEEDTRAPZ
Im a police officer and i promise you wont sell that little Fu@#er to me, as a matter of fact scrap the whole idea because i dont want some moron in my administration hearing about it and deciding its a good idea and purchasing 200 of those hideous little contraptions

Hey Speedtrapz, try to keep an open mind! Think outside of the box for just a moment, please.

"Hideous?" That's a little harsh man...:( Wouldn't you even want to try it before judging it? Take a look below at a rough depiction of the POLICE VERSION of this device.

A Kevlar vest might be uncomfortable but I bet you wouldn't go without one... Also, what about night vision headsets - they may look a little "dorky" but no one can argue with the incredible benefit they provide. The enhanced effectiveness and commanding appearance of this headset speaks for itself.

Do you have any idea how many officers are struck on the side of the road each year during traffic stops? I guarantee you, with this headgear that number would drop dramatically! Just think how much of a benefit this headgear would be to motor officers. It would add visibility, increase deterrence, create a commanding appearance and, in general, make it much safer for the officer.

When an officer pulled someone over, then donned this headgear before approaching the vehicle, the subject would be far less likely to resist, argue or flee, simply due to the powerful shock and awe effect this device would create in their mind.

Keep in mind these renderings are crude and in the "rough" design stages. The actual law enforcement version would be lightweight and low profile, yet very effective.

By the way, who is in charge of procurement at your department? Maybe we could bounce the idea of the administration and see what they think. Just a thought.

POLICE MODEL OF HEADSET
policeversion1.gif

Last edited:

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Hey Speedtrapz, try to keep an open mind! Think outside of the box for just a moment, please.

When an officer pulled someone over, then donned this headgear before approaching the vehicle, the subject would be far less likely to resist, argue or flee, simply due to the powerful shock and awe effect this device would create in their mind.

POLICE MODEL OF HEADSET
policeversion1.gif
The subject would most likely have milk coming out of his nose from laughter. That would make it easy to slip the cuffs on him. But suppose that it didn't make him laugh. That light would make a good target if the felon had a gun.

Besides, do you have any idea how much weight a cop already has to carry around with him/her? Then some pencil necked geek down at procurement will convince the chief that a head mounted bullhorn and siren would integrate nicely between the lights for those times when you need a little more volume to shout, "Stop in the name of the law!" at some fleeing vaggrant. The chief would probably come back with a video camera (since the lights are there anyway) with a wireless feed back to dispatch. Then a GPS unit attached to it would help keep tabs on the officers in the field. It would quickly spin out of control. Finally, the whole project would get scrapped when a rash of neck injuries caused by carrying all that weight on the top of their head, sidelines half the force.

Everytime I have had any sort of discussion about things with a cop on the side of the road, they had these obnoxious flashing blue lights on the top of their car. That told traffic to "Be Cautious" and give them a wide berth (in fact, here in Georgia, that's now the law).

Annihil8or
By the way, who is in charge of procurement at your department? Maybe we could bounce the idea of the administration and see what they think. Just a thought.
Be careful, the wrong cop sees what you have in store for him, and they could be bouncing that thing off the side of your head. :)

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Those are nice but would they be bright enough? They still don't address the issue of roadside safety like the rotating amber light would.

HEADLAMP9.GIF

The LED's are quite bright. Sufficient to do emergency repairs under the hood. The illuminate what is in your field of vision, and can be adjusted several degrees in all directions.

Definitely not in the rotating light catagory for safety though. :D

Dana

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
policeversion1.gif

I am very comfortable in the fact that I would never be saddled with the Police version for many reasons. Some of which are:

1) It would be years before they were aware of the availability
2) It would be years before they got approval to purchase them
3) They would buy the economy version that had to plug into the cigarette lighter and only get the 3 foot cords
4) The Ford alternators would not support the added load

Dana

Last edited:

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeBit
The subject would most likely have milk coming out of his nose from laughter. That would make it easy to slip the cuffs on him. But suppose that it didn't make him laugh. That light would make a good target if the felon had a gun.

Besides, do you have any idea how much weight a cop already has to carry around with him/her? Then some pencil necked geek down at procurement will convince the chief that a head mounted bullhorn and siren would integrate nicely between the lights for those times when you need a little more volume to shout, "Stop in the name of the law!" at some fleeing vaggrant. The chief would probably come back with a video camera (since the lights are there anyway) with a wireless feed back to dispatch. Then a GPS unit attached to it would help keep tabs on the officers in the field. It would quickly spin out of control. Finally, the whole project would get scrapped when a rash of neck injuries caused by carrying all that weight on the top of their head, sidelines half the force.

Everytime I have had any sort of discussion about things with a cop on the side of the road, they had these obnoxious flashing blue lights on the top of their car. That told traffic to "Be Cautious" and give them a wide berth (in fact, here in Georgia, that's now the law).

Be careful, the wrong cop sees what you have in store for him, and they could be bouncing that thing off the side of your head. :)

:lol:
After I finished ROFL LMAO PIP:D :D , I began to think, we could make the whole head gear bulletproof and integrate it into a kevlar helmet adding further security. Forget the neck injuries caused by too much headgear, we will use LED's which are both low power consumption and very light weight.

The camera/microphone/wireless hookup to HQ sounds totally excellent dude! The current state of miniturized technology would allow these features to be added very inexpensively and quite effectively. The bullhorn/siren may be a problem, however due to the potential risk to the officer's hearing.

Perhaps some noise cancelling headphones or earmuffs? I will have to go back to the drawing board though that idea merits further development.

Thanks for the input and critique Snake! Perhaps you have heard: When Thomas Edison was asked why he kept trying to make a light bulb after 999 failures he replied "I have discovered 999 ways how NOT to make a light bulb." So I do value your feedback, keep it coming!

:coolman:

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
As long as you are looking for input, add infrared lamps and flip down night vision goggles.

Dana

Totally awesome idea Dana! It will undoubtedly drive the cost up but the added benefits would be well worth the difference.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread