What did you do for your Terminator today?

Piasared

Established Member
d947c38294f1a2691d1978c768fdeeb1.jpg
03ee6035649c9ad68723ee0271b4d16f.jpg
791dccd5250e64766e30d02896ad205d.jpg

Relocated battery to trunk, installed new heat exchanger and coolant tank. Did a compression test and was happy to find less that 5% difference between all cylinders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wckdvnm

Established Member
ee79a5b0985e34768bd64b48f1d3717d.jpg
i finally got her home today but now the side that was hit is making a horrible grinding noise like something is rubbing and nothing is rubbing, same with my front left which I assume is something from the alignment they did. Not sure but I'm going back tomorrow so they can fix it

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
ee79a5b0985e34768bd64b48f1d3717d.jpg
i finally got her home today but now the side that was hit is making a horrible grinding noise like something is rubbing and nothing is rubbing, same with my front left which I assume is something from the alignment they did. Not sure but I'm going back tomorrow so they can fix it

Could it be a wheel bearing?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
It's a rebuilt hub so they claim so I'm taking the car back. The front I'm not sure of because it never made that noise prior to them changing up my alignment.

Hmm the bearings are press in the hub. So did they replace them? Buy a used hub?

Piasared

Established Member
Talked to STL mustangs and I'm having a VMP supercharger installed, convert it to e-85, set of Headers installed, and tuned. Expensive day but well worth it. Now waiting on car hauler to get his ass here and take it to them!

wckdvnm

Established Member
Hmm the bearings are press in the hub. So did they replace them? Buy a used hub?

Yeah it was a used hub as mine was snapped off in the wreck, they "rebuilt it" by putting a new bearing but I feel like they did it wrong since it's grinding

MG0h3

Established Member
Talked to STL mustangs and I'm having a VMP supercharger installed, convert it to e-85, set of Headers installed, and tuned. Expensive day but well worth it. Now waiting on car hauler to get his ass here and take it to them!

holy smokes....10k? more with labor?

MG0h3

Established Member
Yeah it was a used hub as mine was snapped off in the wreck, they "rebuilt it" by putting a new bearing but I feel like they did it wrong since it's grinding

I kindof doubt a screwed up install would grind right away. Honestly, the most common cause of grinding after any work around the wheels is the backing plate. Very easy to bend them into touching the rotor. Depending on your wheels, you may be able to peak through and see if that is the cause. You can also bend it back with a screwdriver or prybar just lightly pushing through the wheel.

wckdvnm

Established Member
I kindof doubt a screwed up install would grind right away. Honestly, the most common cause of grinding after any work around the wheels is the backing plate. Very easy to bend them into touching the rotor. Depending on your wheels, you may be able to peak through and see if that is the cause. You can also bend it back with a screwdriver or prybar just lightly pushing through the wheel.

Tried that but honestly nothing is bent, it only starts to be noticeable above 45 mph, lower and it's fine

MG0h3

Established Member
hmm thats odd. Easiest test for a sealed wheel bearing is to unload/load it by swerving down the road. Not sharp or sudden swerves but kind of sweeping ones. Not sure if you tried that.

wckdvnm

Established Member
hmm thats odd. Easiest test for a sealed wheel bearing is to unload/load it by swerving down the road. Not sharp or sudden swerves but kind of sweeping ones. Not sure if you tried that.

Yeah I tried that and sound is still there. The car actually responds better than before the crash so I'm lost. I guess I'll jack it up again and take a look

Users who are viewing this thread