What did you do for your Terminator today?

04GTMustang

Established Member
I'm currently staring at a living room full of parts to go in within the next few weeks.. Including:

- Stifflers FIT system with added K Member brace
-H&R Race Springs w/ MM Isolators
-Bilstein B8 Sport Shocks/Struts
-MM CC Plates, MM Strut Tower
-FTBR Bushing System
-ARH 1 3/4" Long Tubes, 3" Xpipe w/ cats
-AEM Wideband
-Speedhut Custom SVT Gauges (Boost, Oil Pres., Water Temp)
-Gords Ford H/E
-Ford Racing Diff Cover

She's going to be a whole different card after!

cj428mach

Established Member
Yeah I agree. The stock wheel is smooth and shiny and the new wheel is Matte and more grippy. So they aren't gonna look identical. Part of my wondered if the difference is fading after 14 years of being on the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

If you weren't aware the interior of our Cobras were matte to begin with but wear and chemicals give them the smooth shine. When I bought my car all of the original matte finish was still there. I accidentally used an armorall type product on the door panels and they have a shine that just won't go away. I've washed them, and wipe them down hoping they'll slowly fade back to matte but I'm not sure they will.

The rest of the interior only sees damp rags now.

Last edited:

5.0stang95

Established Member
Took the hood liner off and found out I got lucky and it's painted underneath, added the black letters to the rear bumper, and installed the coolant crossover plug with Allen screw for temp gauge
4923ee76d881a628decb138b6f7a7972.jpg
271f35a007361d7067eb8383369f154c.jpg
802903f04189d0a5ecfa70f16d5c20ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

03_cobra_chick

Established Member
Took the hood liner off and found out I got lucky and it's painted underneath, added the black letters to the rear bumper, and installed the coolant crossover plug with Allen screw for temp gauge
271f35a007361d7067eb8383369f154c.jpg
802903f04189d0a5ecfa70f16d5c20ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Now you need a trunk panel to finish off that rear end

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
If you weren't aware the interior of our Cobras were matte to begin with but wear and chemicals give them the smooth shine. When I bought my car all of the original matte finish was still there. I accidentally used an armorall type product on the door panels and they have a shine that just won't go aways. I've washed them, and wipe them down hoping they'll slowly fade back to matte but I'm not sure they will.

I did not know that. I wish i had been lucky enough to own one since new. Sadly i was 18 when they came out and had no chance at that. I bought my cobra with 18k on the clock. But the wheel has always looked shiny. I got the FR500 on now and boy does it feel great. What a nice wheel.

Franco

Established Member
If you weren't aware the interior of our Cobras were matte to begin with but wear and chemicals give them the smooth shine. When I bought my car all of the original matte finish was still there. I accidentally used an armorall type product on the door panels and they have a shine that just won't go away. I've washed them, and wipe them down hoping they'll slowly fade back to matte but I'm not sure they will.

You can use a steamer to bring them back. That will make all the oils/chemicals come up to the top. Wipe it off and your good.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member

Interesting. Mine was not. I painted and cleared mine this weekend. Came out pretty good. It's not as perfect as the paint on the outside of the car but it's close. I'm happy with it. No pics yet. I'll take some this afternoon if I can

Users who are viewing this thread