What did you do for your Terminator today?

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Bought this 03 DSG about 2 months ago, car drove great with the exception of a slight stumble sometimes when at part throttle and I would see the boost gauge move from about 0 to 8 or so. Then it got worse.

It has now grown into a full problem. Under full boost (about 20lbs) I would see my fuel pressure spike up to 100 and cause everything to go crazy.

First I thought it was the FRPS because that was a code it was kicking out. After replacing one then having it happen again and realizing that the FRPS was definitely NOT blown, I started looking at other things. That’s when I replaced the FPDM with a junkyard replacement and all seemed fine. So I ordered Derek's modified FPDM and it still seemed fine. Then last night, the stumble happened again, then went away. This morning: Car didn’t want to start. Actually showed zero fuel pressure. Primed it a couple of times, then fuel pressure came up and car started.

Could it be a pump (or two) going (or gone) bad? Possibly they were getting weak and the stronger/better FPDM set up has finally caused them to crack? (updated the FPDM wiring with Derek's (Black308) harness).

I would try to get some datalogging in but now I’m afraid to move it if it decides to die on me. (Of course, full tank of gas right now, so dropping the tank won’t be much fun).

Just to let everyone know, the car supposedly has GT pumps in it (from back in 2010). We’re talking a KB 2.2 with 20lbs of boost, 60lbs injectors, BA3000 Mass Air, Bassani full exhaust, Killer Chiller, BAP.

Changing fuel filter tomo, hoping that’s it, prob should have changed it when i bought the car. If not, dropping the tank....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
Drove it to the obstacle course to work out last night and drove it to work. Glad I moved my Aeroforce to the A pillar. Apparently having an alternator that works is causing my A/F to be on the rich side.

Attachments

• 3f3b9e50157f72142c747be6a7869b62.jpg
    3f3b9e50157f72142c747be6a7869b62.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 336

MG0h3

Established Member
Bought this 03 DSG about 2 months ago, car drove great with the exception of a slight stumble sometimes when at part throttle and I would see the boost gauge move from about 0 to 8 or so. Then it got worse.

It has now grown into a full problem. Under full boost (about 20lbs) I would see my fuel pressure spike up to 100 and cause everything to go crazy.

First I thought it was the FRPS because that was a code it was kicking out. After replacing one then having it happen again and realizing that the FRPS was definitely NOT blown, I started looking at other things. That’s when I replaced the FPDM with a junkyard replacement and all seemed fine. So I ordered Derek's modified FPDM and it still seemed fine. Then last night, the stumble happened again, then went away. This morning: Car didn’t want to start. Actually showed zero fuel pressure. Primed it a couple of times, then fuel pressure came up and car started.

Could it be a pump (or two) going (or gone) bad? Possibly they were getting weak and the stronger/better FPDM set up has finally caused them to crack? (updated the FPDM wiring with Derek's (Black308) harness).

I would try to get some datalogging in but now I’m afraid to move it if it decides to die on me. (Of course, full tank of gas right now, so dropping the tank won’t be much fun).

Just to let everyone know, the car supposedly has GT pumps in it (from back in 2010). We’re talking a KB 2.2 with 20lbs of boost, 60lbs injectors, BA3000 Mass Air, Bassani full exhaust, Killer Chiller, BAP.

Changing fuel filter tomo, hoping that’s it, prob should have changed it when i bought the car. If not, dropping the tank....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Always good to make sure the filter is good to go but that won't cause you to have high fuel pressure like that.

Maybe start a thread in engine/tuning about this.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Always good to make sure the filter is good to go but that won't cause you to have high fuel pressure like that.

Maybe start a thread in engine/tuning about this.
Yeah, I have a thread over there and on some groups on FB. Malcolm thinks it may be a pump starting to go. Gonna go ahead and test the CCRM first. Thanks for the heads up!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

01yellercobra

Established Member
Hey Bob, if it's only you and Nick in the parking lot it's not a car show lmao!

J/K.... That's the first time i've seen his car. It looks really good. In way better shape than Christian's.

Tell him don't change a thing. It's perfect .

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Lol. The car show was inside. Although I got some looks as I was parking. I saw one of the attendant's jaw drop. Nick's car is very photogenic. Its has it's issues. But it has 154k so it's expected.

And we went to a cars and coffee this morning with a couple of his friends.
15ad0d7aae6a44a296e322fc4350536d.jpg

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
put this over my stock tensioner. it was much more of a pain than I expected due to tight spaces and taking off (the putting back on is the pain) the belt than I expected. wished I would have bought a brand new tensioner since it has to come off but overall nice piece and sturdy
Tensioner Support Plate, : Metco Motorsports

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Lol. The car show was inside. Although I got some looks as I was parking. I saw one of the attendant's jaw drop. Nick's car is very photogenic. Its has it's issues. But it has 154k so it's expected.

And we went to a cars and coffee this morning with a couple of his friends. View attachment 1504916
Put the cobra between your buddies, let them take the hit from the idiot who decides to park next to you. Just my thought process...

cj428mach

Established Member
put this over my stock tensioner. it was much more of a pain than I expected due to tight spaces and taking off (the putting back on is the pain) the belt than I expected. wished I would have bought a brand new tensioner since it has to come off but overall nice piece and sturdy
Tensioner Support Plate, : Metco Motorsports

I'm not quite following you but you made it sound like you have to pull the tensioner to put the belt on. If so you know thats not the case right?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I'm not quite following you but you made it sound like you have to pull the tensioner to put the belt on. If so you know thats not the case right?

You basically have to pull the tensioner off when using one of those support braces. All the bolts have to come out then some spacers and the new brace and new hardware have to go on. You have to make sure you don’t drop anything either. It’s kind of a little pain in the rear and still doesn’t prevent belt slip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

cj428mach

Established Member
I have a metco tensioner but its been years since i installed it so I don't remember it being that bad.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Put the cobra between your buddies, let them take the hit from the idiot who decides to park next to you. Just my thought process...
Wasn't really a concern. I saw who parked next to me and watched them carefully get out of their car. Along with putting extra space between me and them. Not everyone is a jack ass.

Users who are viewing this thread