What did you do for your Terminator today?

oxford03cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
finished up with the weight reduction
20170101_135919_zps4buq96gq.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
Did the cruise control mod to my throttle body. It ended up making the pedal extremely light. So I went to O'Reillys and picked up a throttle return spring. And I educated the counter jockey about universal throttle return springs.

e49d6d4c6fc87a9ba744faa9ec459511.jpg

94slowbra1

Established Member
where is the CF lip from? God that would make me nervous, my car is so low i scrape almost everywhere. the factory one is forgiving. looks great

Stage 4.6

Established Member
94Slowbra1- My wife ordered it from HCM carbon, nice product but not so good customer service.

yeah mine is low as well, I am a little nervous about scrapping it, and that lip is a little fatter than stock, but my Kooks LT hang pretty low so i am really conscious of the streets a drive around on.

I really like the way it looks and it was cheaper than the stock spoiler, which i think is outrageous when you consider the price of the Mach 1 lip spoiler.

Last edited:

wckdvnm

Established Member
94Slowbra1- My wife ordered it from HCM carbon, nice product but not so good customer service.

yeah mine is low as well, I am a little nervous about scrapping it, and that lip is a little fatter than stock, but my Kooks LT hang pretty low so i am really conscious of the streets a drive around on.

I really like the way it looks and it was cheaper than the stock spoiler, which i think is outrageous when you consider the price of the Mach 1 lip spoiler.

I have that lip on my car, it's not as bad but wait till you scrap it. Sounds like you are dragging your heat exchanger on the ground. My recommendation is to spray it with some clear maybe 3-4 coats. HCM does not clear their carbon fiber so it will look bad quickly from rocks or scrapes. All my carbon fiber on my car is from them and I'm going to have to agree that he's not the greatest on customer service and he's overall a a**hole and scams people.
Edit: I will note the lip can take some serious punishment, only reason I got it was it was cracked by a previous owner so it was free. Only reason it cracked on him was he slammed it down on his driveway out of frustration of his cobra R brake caliper locking his front wheel up.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I have that lip on my car, it's not as bad but wait till you scrap it. Sounds like you are dragging your heat exchanger on the ground. My recommendation is to spray it with some clear maybe 3-4 coats. HCM does not clear their carbon fiber so it will look bad quickly from rocks or scrapes. All my carbon fiber on my car is from them and I'm going to have to agree that he's not the greatest on customer service and he's overall a a**hole and scams people.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

lol.. i cringed the first time i scrapped my header collector, so i know what you mean. Thanks for the advice on the clear coat, can i get clear in a rattle can or do i have to get it done at body shop? Ive had my carbon side vent pieces for a year barely have 3xxx miles and they got chipped pretty bad, I got those from carbondriven.

My wife was pretty upset with the customer service, she could never get a hold of them, she ordered it a while ago and they promised delivery before X-mas, that didn't happen.

wckdvnm

Established Member
lol.. i cringed the first time i scrapped my header collector, so i know what you mean. Thanks for the advice on the clear coat, can i get clear in a rattle can or do i have to get it done at body shop? Ive had my carbon side vent pieces for a year barely have 3xxx miles and they got chipped pretty bad, I got those from carbondriven.

My wife was pretty upset with the customer service, she could never get a hold of them, she ordered it a while ago and they promised delivery before X-mas, that didn't happen.

Yeah I rattle can cleared it. I think rustoleum makes a 2X coat clear that's what I used, it effectively was 6 coats deep. Yeah he "painted" my good friend and business partners cobra when he made all the carbon pieces I have for his car and well he didn't actually paint the car since all my pieces from my cobra we put on his car were the exact same color and his black was a different paint code entirely.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Yeah I rattle can cleared it. I think rustoleum makes a 2X coat clear that's what I used, it effectively was 6 coats deep. Yeah he "painted" my good friend and business partners cobra when he made all the carbon pieces I have for his car and well he didn't actually paint the car since all my pieces from my cobra we put on his car were the exact same color and his black was a different paint code entirely.

Cool, Ill check out the auto-parts stores today after work to see if the carry this clear. thanks for the advice! I bet those carbon pieces look really good on a black car, post some pics if you dont mind.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I didn't do it (trusty shop did) but new Afco Heat Exchanger, new safety belts (old ones were completely shot and wouldn't retract), and a new fuel filter. The heat exchanger on the old was bent up and loose so I opted for the upgrade. Fine looking piece I must add

wckdvnm

Established Member
Cool, Ill check out the auto-parts stores today after work to see if the carry this clear. thanks for the advice! I bet those carbon pieces look really good on a black car, post some pics if you dont mind.

8447301ce16d0b2fbe2f5dccaac135a1.jpg
4de14e83220d4d84fe86c3eccd343478.jpg
a72728a595315540821d83554ca90630.jpg
really hard to see the difference but it's there, I'm looking to get a terminator carbon hood since it's less in your face than the cowl hood it's just so hard to sell or find someone willing to trade.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Those carbon pieces look awesome bud! I think they look great on Black & DSG cars just blends in better IMO.
I like the cowl hood as well. I have a friend that might be interested in trading for your hood, but his hood is comp orange.

Franco

Established Member
a28a2dd27896965e933a3e93cf635281.jpg

Always hated the fact that my aftermarket gauges didn't match my dash so I had some custom overlays made.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Those carbon pieces look awesome bud! I think they look great on Black & DSG cars just blends in better IMO.
I like the cowl hood as well. I have a friend that might be interested in trading for your hood, but his hood is comp orange.

Well I'm trying to keep the weight off of the nose of the car for autocross/road race purposes. Even taking the 27 lbs off with this hood made a difference.

Bullitt02744

Established Member
Finally got around to installing my Billetflow Setup, idlers and 2.76. Pulley. Started removing the factory heat exchanger tonight so I can get the new AFCO unit in this week. Won't be getting tuned for a few months so it gives me lots of time to detail the hell out of this engine bay. Only 7500 miles on this thing and she's filthy.

f55382171641fb4bd49e53b2883e921e.jpg

84a40906a86d4d8f8de49d41b125e471.jpg

29ff9d98df1f21f690eda6fd8f76080c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread