What did you do for your Terminator today?

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I'm finally starting to button up the nitrous install. An hour or two and all should be good...
81B759F1-7DA2-48EF-B391-5C70361E519E_zpskjqtkhs3.gif

A8D3CDE6-5DA9-4966-BC15-F9BB9DCD7853_zpspsaq5ewp.gif

DB5E958C-A5CB-440C-99B4-476C3695CD24_zpsri5pu9dq.gif

0F7E839B-1E95-41E3-B950-740E412045DC_zpsnmfnxfp1.gif

TP03

Established Member
People have broke diff covers with stock hp. Heck mine leaked with stock hp. I've seen a post a couple years ago with a cracked cover with a brace on it. I personally would have saved up for a different cover. A fill and drain plug, along with main cap bolts make it worth the investment.
I put a ford racing cover on my last straight axle gt and fought with it always weeping on the garage floor. I figured if this one isn't leaking why mess with it. If running a brace is good enough for jimmy sidecarr, it's good enough for me. Do you have a picture of the cover that broke with a brace? The brace is beefier than i thought it would be.

Last edited:

zredfire04

Established Member
Nothing wrong with that if we all had the same it would be boring. What are you doing with the F-100 project? Coyote? Love F-100's.

undecided on the f100 right now. i know i'll be doing the crown vic front end swap and flipping the rear axle to get the stance more appropriate for a sport truck. for powertrain, i'm not sure if i'm going to use the 351w block i have to build a 408 or build a big stroker 460. then again, i could keep the 4.6 and build it up for a twin turbo mill.

gonna paint it something like DSG. it's a flare side, so i'm kinda limited on rear tire without hacking up the fenders.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, just when I was feeling good about my car you had to post this. Thanks! LOL. I revert to my Jimmy sidecarr comment
The brace is better than nothing. But since you had it out, that would have been the time to upgrade. Just make sure you run a stickier tire to help prevent wheel hop.

TP03

Established Member
The brace is better than nothing. But since you had it out, that would have been the time to upgrade. Just make sure you run a stickier tire to help prevent wheel hop.
I run drag radials and never feel wheel hop. If I have to replace the cover and sell the brace in a year or two I'm ok with that. Cars without rust are so easy to work on, its almost cheating.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Went on a short trip and picked up about 30 gallons of ethanol. Broke my damn tester. Ordered another one, so I'll wait and test it. A few weeks ago it was 74%, so I'm guessing it's higher now. The summer blend is almost here.
IMAG1816_zpsn9ualpbn.jpg

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
Got car inspected, owner of the shop ask me did I get pass car has no cats? I just laugh, guy was cool not to fail it based on visual inspection.

zredfire04

Established Member
i'm really glad we don't have emissions testing or inspections here, because nothing i've owned in the last 10 years would pass LOL.

as for my terminator, today i started the car for the first time in a couple months. it's damn loud with the catback removed;)

installed the new shift knob.

checked my intercooler pump and found out that it's bad, so gotta order up one of those:mad:

hope to get my rear gears set up in the next few days. then it'll be on to putting in the new rear wheel bearings. after i get it all back together and recover from all of this, i'm going to put in new cross axis joints just so i know everything in the irs is new. wouldn't hurt to get some new sway bar end links and toe bars soon either.

jrichber

browser
Established Member
Polished the catback. Took a solid 7 hour by hand and I think I lost like 20 pounds in the process, lol. Never again!

wladcw.jpg
jhq1e0.jpg
HAHA looks good. I told my self I would never do it again after my first cobra. But then after selling that car and getting another one I had to have the polished exhaust again!

Users who are viewing this thread