What did you do for your Terminator today?

stangfreak

Established Member
I want to powder coat my valve covers. As you guys know my car is metallic silver. what color would look best? I see cobravenom has the ford racing blue which looks great. Black is nice as well just not sure if all black will just make everything disappear. Like black wheels on a car. what do you guys suggest? would love to see some close up pics as well of your engine bay if you have powder coated valve covers

BMSTNG

Established Member
Not today but yesterday took her out for an Easter trot. 20190317_155348.jpg20181116_153821.jpg

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I want to powder coat my valve covers. As you guys know my car is metallic silver. what color would look best? I see cobravenom has the ford racing blue which looks great. Black is nice as well just not sure if all black will just make everything disappear. Like black wheels on a car. what do you guys suggest? would love to see some close up pics as well of your engine bay if you have powder coated valve covers

Attachments

• IMG_5742.jpeg
    IMG_5742.jpeg
    386.2 KB · Views: 49

01yellercobra

Established Member
I’m jealous of all you getting to drive your cars. We are getting “plowable” snow this week. Which means the salt trucks will be back out. So I still have weeks before she can come out.
Just to turn the knife a little I'll mention after I installed the new pulley I took it for a spin to show my buddy. It's a lot of fun now. :)

DCguy

Established Member
everyone is going to that flywheel. You are like the 9th person who told me haha. Do you feel a difference with the aluminum?? That should work with the DYAD right?

The DYAD's are sold with their own flywheel....its all one unit. The flywheel is recessed (see video) which allows one of the discs to sit inside there. This the is reason this clutch works so well with Magnums.....the clutch stack height is a good bit shorter than your typical RXT which sits "on top of" whatever flywheel you pair it with....which would not be a recessed flywheel. That is why you have to clearance the fork/trans when running a Magnum.

DYAD has a ton of cool features....bushings to absorb chatter, sprung loaded hub, ARP hardware included, etc. The only thing I would do is remove the ring and weights on the pressure plate. They give you about 50 ft/lb more clamp force, but can create more problems than they solve if they jam up. Clutch is still super strong without them so i'd just take them off.

BMSTNG

Established Member
They were on the car when I bought it with 3k miles back in 2013. Should be a straight forward install can't imagine being difficult at all. I love the Wilwoods wouldn't change them for anything else.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I installed the dyad probably back in 2018ish. The only thing that bothers me is it grabs way at the bottom. Like about an inch off the floor. I doubt that I have 2500 miles on it. And now once in awhile I hear a chatter/chirp sound when taking off in 1st gear.

I've adjusted the cable/tob bearing settings a lot just trying to fix it. I'm thinking about removing the "free play" mod spring and bushing to see if it changes anything.

Otherwise maybe the tob is toast already?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I installed the dyad probably back in 2018ish. The only thing that bothers me is it grabs way at the bottom. Like about an inch off the floor. I doubt that I have 2500 miles on it. And now once in awhile I hear a chatter/chirp sound when taking off in 1st gear.

I've adjusted the cable/tob bearing settings a lot just trying to fix it. I'm thinking about removing the "free play" mod spring and bushing to see if it changes anything.

Otherwise maybe the tob is toast already?

Does the chirp go away when you put some slight pressure on the clutch pedal?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Does the chirp go away when you put some slight pressure on the clutch pedal?
I can only mimic it while taking off in first. Pushing clutch pedal in and out in neutral does nothing. And it doesn't happen all the time. But it's annoying.

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
I can only mimic it while taking off in first. Pushing clutch pedal in and out in neutral does nothing. And it doesn't happen all the time. But it's annoying.

Ok. Typically with a TOB chirping it will be stop chirping when pressure is applied to it. If it’s bad it will be super loud and make the pedal feel crunchy. If it completely explodes you can’t shift obviously (which happened to me…thankfully I was a mile from my house). Doesn’t sound like a TOB to me but I could be wrong….

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've always preferred to have a clutch grab at the bottom. Feels more linear to me. With the pedal height adjuster I think mine grabs an inch or so off the floor. I remember before making that change it grabbed way high and I didn't like it.

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
I've always preferred to have a clutch grab at the bottom. Feels more linear to me. With the pedal height adjuster I think mine grabs an inch or so off the floor. I remember before making that change it grabbed way high and I didn't like it.
I tried to install the height adjuster as I loved it on my 2001 GT. The clutch wouldn’t disengage. Not enough pedal travel with it. I was too lazy to mess with it so I took it right back off.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok. Typically with a TOB chirping it will be stop chirping when pressure is applied to it. If it’s bad it will be super loud and make the pedal feel crunchy. If it completely explodes you can’t shift obviously (which happened to me…thankfully I was a mile from my house). Doesn’t sound like a TOB to me but I could be wrong….
If that's the case I have no idea. First 1000+ miles it didn't make one bit of noise. Maybe I need more grease on the pivot ball or tob/clutch fork contact area.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I tried to install the height adjuster as I loved it on my 2001 GT. The clutch wouldn’t disengage. Not enough pedal travel with it. I was too lazy to mess with it so I took it right back off.
Originally I had the MM pedal height adjuster and it doesn't give enough throw with the dual disc. I ran it on my 01 with a single disc and it worked fine. I switched to the Steeda adjustable pedal stop and was able to adjust the pedal height to give enough travel to completely disengage the clutch. I did learn you have to d something with the switch under the quadrant because if you don't the cruise control won't work.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
The DYAD's are sold with their own flywheel....its all one unit. The flywheel is recessed (see video) which allows one of the discs to sit inside there. This the is reason this clutch works so well with Magnums.....the clutch stack height is a good bit shorter than your typical RXT which sits "on top of" whatever flywheel you pair it with....which would not be a recessed flywheel. That is why you have to clearance the fork/trans when running a Magnum.

DYAD has a ton of cool features....bushings to absorb chatter, sprung loaded hub, ARP hardware included, etc. The only thing I would do is remove the ring and weights on the pressure plate. They give you about 50 ft/lb more clamp force, but can create more problems than they solve if they jam up. Clutch is still super strong without them so i'd just take them off.

All this talk about the DYAD's is making me slightly regret my RXT purchase

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread