What did you do for your Terminator today?

01yellercobra

Established Member

Attachments

• Boomslang.JPG
    Boomslang.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Boomslang2.JPG
    Boomslang2.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 46

01yellercobra

Established Member
lol that is so weird. The guy emailed me back and goes nope sorry we dont have anything.
I will say it was probably about a year or so ago I was considering the switch. I found out Haltech used to make a plug and play harness for our cars. I knew about Boomslang when I was looking and they recommeded them.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The strangest thing happened yesterday leaving the gym. The car bogged out shifting from third to forth. I was about 3/4's throttle in, not sure how much boost, but I could hear some whine. It's the first time the car has done it. Haven't been able to replicate it. 11k miles, only mod is a pulley. Going to change the spark plugs, need recommendations please.
Did it feel like fuel was cutting out? The best way I can describe what I had happen probably 12-13 years ago. It basically felt like I hit a rev limiter.

Ended up being a bad frps. Some say, pull the vacuum line off of it and if it smells like fuel it's bad.....in this scenario change the oil ASAP as well.

Well mine didn't smell like fuel. Turns out a frps can fail another way... electronically.

I remember replacing it and putting in a Kenne Bell frps disc in. It's suppose to help minimize the fuel spikes associated with a return less fuel system.

Not saying this is your problem...but I'd definitely scan for codes.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Been busy with the car the last couple weeks. I started a car audio thread on what I'm doing, but that project has led to other things.

Today, I dug the MS3 out of the kick panel to wire in / activate a couple remaining features I had on the list. 1st was the fuel pumps. I currently had them wired up to run with the key on. While working on my audio system I found out quickly that twin 465 pumps will drain a battery quick. So I wired it to prime like factory. Key on, pumps prime for a couple seconds then shut off until the car starts.

Also I decided to stage the pumps. So 1 pump for start up / part throttle. Once the car hits 5lbs of boost or 3,000 rpm the second pump will kick on.

Last is I'm adding a oil pressure gauge. Ordered the part today. Plan is to use one of the available 1/8 npt ports on the oil cooler and tie right into the ecu. Now I have all the little things / saftey features dialed in and working.

c2cd9aa4444499060f3e681aaa56c886.jpg

ceee103c774a1d275b8c584b77a7a03c.jpg

blwn89gt

Established Member
I shed a few tears for mine. The sticker on my plate is from 2020. Almost a year and a half in on waiting for my motor to be built. I’ll definitely do my own work in the future after this.

Holy crap that’s crazy. I sent my car to the shop in August, got my car back in December and I ran into some unforeseen issues and had ups misplace my camshafts. I would have loved to have yanked the motor and had the machine work done and did the rest myself but it wasn’t in the cards for me.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

holiks03cobra

Established Member
Holy crap that’s crazy. I sent my car to the shop in August, got my car back in December and I ran into some unforeseen issues and had ups misplace my camshafts. I would have loved to have yanked the motor and had the machine work done and did the rest myself but it wasn’t in the cards for me.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Yeah part of me just wants to go get my stuff but the other part wants to wait cause they built a motor for me back in 2016 and it was a good running motor.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I shed a few tears for mine. The sticker on my plate is from 2020. Almost a year and a half in on waiting for my motor to be built. I’ll definitely do my own work in the future after this.

My car sat for 8 years with a bad motor, then when I took the car in to get the motor done and the car gone through, they had it for over 2 years.
Hang tight!

01yellercobra

Established Member
Really dumb question for those with their cars in the shop long term.... how much of the balance do you have to pay up front? Is it a certain percentage and then you can pay the rest as they work on it? Or do you pay some up front and the rest when you pick it up?

holiks03cobra

Established Member
Really dumb question for those with their cars in the shop long term.... how much of the balance do you have to pay up front? Is it a certain percentage and then you can pay the rest as they work on it? Or do you pay some up front and the rest when you pick it up?
I’ve always paid when the work was done.

patc84

Established Member
for big builds- i do 50% up front, 25% at the half point, final 25% when vehicle is complete.

holiks03cobra

Established Member
My car sat for 8 years with a bad motor, then when I took the car in to get the motor done and the car gone through, they had it for over 2 years.
Hang tight!
Dang that’s a long time. I’m hoping I hear from them soon! Have some LS/gm people around here that need a serving of humble pie lol

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
There's a cruise in on the other side of town tonight. So, I took it out from under the car cover last night and cleaned her up. Decided to cruise her to work today.

I always forget how powerful this car is when I jump back in it :D.

Guess someone else decided to cruise their old Ford to work today too.
20240405_070106_resized.jpg

20240405_070115_resized.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
There's a cruise in on the other side of town tonight. So, I took it out from under the car cover last night and cleaned her up. Decided to cruise her to work today.

I always forget how powerful this car is when I jump back in it :D.

Guess someone else decided to cruise their old Ford to work today too.
View attachment 1835471

View attachment 1835472
Now just imagine if you got rid of that dinner plate on the end of the blower. :)

stangfreak

Established Member
Been dealing with some health issues so I decided to keep busy today. did a interior detail today. cleaned up the engine bay. My engine bay still has the white check marks from the factory. Pretty cool little detail.

Attachments

• IMG_3981.jpg
    IMG_3981.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3980.jpg
    IMG_3980.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3979.jpg
    IMG_3979.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3978.jpg
    IMG_3978.jpg