What diff for OT?

keith89

Established Member
That is probably your T56, not the diff. All of that is fairly typical in even a stock Cobra with a Traction Loc.

definitely the diff. with the tranny in neutral, i can turn the driveshaft 10-15 degrees before my axles move. pinion depth and backlash seem to be ok. I have read other reports of sloppy gears inside the trutrac.

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
My Cobra also had the back seat area, mainly on the drivers side, completely burned.

In retrospect: I ran a T2R for three years, and the oil coming out at the end of the season was as clean as the oil going in. I felt it was one of the better mods I did for the car, but mainly for autocross. At the track I really only felt it working in the tighter corners. It is a lot of cash for something in support of an activity we are not being paid for. As unpopular an opinion as this may be on a forum such as this.....I would say, unless you are looking for those fractions of a difference that will result in setting record lap times in your class, I would just run what you have.

Last edited:

KILRSVT

Established Member
My stock unit is working just fine I guess I'm not fast enough to boil diff fluid out although I noticed its been seeping since I started auto crossing.. I have broken a motor mount and wheel bearings and tranny road racing I guess my diff doom is coming and when that comes a t2 will be on my list

Users who are viewing this thread