What do I need to eliminate belt slippage?

rboscht

Established Member
I'm buying a 2.8 upper pulley later this week...will I need an idler to eliminate belt slippage? I did a search and noticed some people have said they don't get any slippage with Reichard Racing pulleys. If I go with these should I still get an idler? Thanks in advance.

Roger

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
I have the 2.75 RR pulley with the Idler set on or car with no slip what so ever. You can try the RR pulley without an idler before to see if you like it. Most guys just get the idler for the added belt wrap.

Rick

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
With a regular 2.80, you will definately have slippage and the Billetflow idler helps a bunch. I've heard good things about the RR non-slip pulley and even some that use the idler with it. Ask Rick at Amazon Racing up at the top of the Forum......

silvercoffin

Established Member
?

Is it possible that I am just not noticing the slippage?

I have a 2.80 pulley and chip and dont notice any. The belt looks fine and the car runs great. Dyno looked good. I gained 45hp and 95 torque at the rear. Everything else is stock.

davidmax

Established Member
I am a big fan of sandblasting pulleys for added friction.We have used this metod with both centrifigal and positive displacement blowers.Its not perfect but has a 60%+ success and costs pennies.
If it partially works an idler pulley will usually bring it close if not to 100%.Dave S.

Users who are viewing this thread