What do i need to look for when buying?

Teal93svt

Established Member
Hey guys i decided to buy a lightning im think 94/95 just because i like the third brake light on them. What should i look for and was there any problems with certain years. Thanks for your alls help

Bobby

99cobradave

Established Member
I have a clean white '94 for sale (see Market section), and I'm in the Joplin area. These trucks are great and fun to drive.

Teal93svt

Established Member
how many miles are on it, does it run good, and how much are you wanting for it. Im really not in the market for white but if the deal is right i would take one.
Thanks Bobby

99cobradave

Established Member
120,xxx miles, interior is in perfect condition, exterior in very good condition, no mechanical problems, runs as good as the day I bought it. I'm asking $5,900.

See '94 Lightning for sale in Market section. Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

It's also listed on Autotrader with more pictures. Do a search for vehicles in 64862 zip code. (I can't seem to figure out how to post the link...)

Last edited:

Teal93svt

Established Member
99cobradave said:
120,xxx miles, interior is in perfect condition, exterior in very good condition, no mechanical problems, runs as good as the day I bought it. I'm asking $5,900.

See '94 Lightning for sale in Market section. Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

It's also listed on Autotrader with more pictures. Do a search for vehicles in 64862 zip code. (I can't seem to figure out how to post the link...)

The funny thing is i looked at the white lightnings and saved yours, i thought it looked really nice, the only thing i noticed is that the drivers side didnt have the lightning sticker was it painted at one time.

99cobradave

Established Member
Ah, good eye. I had a ding on the rear fuel door (rock thrown from my mower - oops) which was repaired by the body shop. They had to remove the decal to repaint the bed. I have a new decal I have yet to put on.

hotrod93

Established Member
If your still looking, I have a red 95 L that I am thinking about selling. About a month ago, I installed a 408 to replace the wounded 351. Here's a quick rundown on all the mods.

408 10:1 compression
Eagle rotating assembly with steel crank and rods, hypereutectic pistons
AFR 185 heads with 60 cc chambers and 7/16 rocker studs
Trick Flow 1.6 roller rockers
custom Cam Motion roller cam
Professional Products SFI approved balancer
Pickrel Performance exhaust system ( 1 3/4" long tubes and full 3" exhaust w/ cats)
LFP torque bars
Tweecer
all smog equipment deleted

I am still trying to get the tune dialed in but if you want to check it out let me know. :thumbsup:

Jeff Carrier [email protected]

hotrod93

Established Member
Soul Rebel said:
hotrod, why are you selling?

This truck is just not fitting into my budget, or lack there of, right now. On top of that my wife is getting tired of me spending more time with the truck lately than her. On top of that, we are also hoping to buy our first home next year so I will need as much money for that as I can. It's just one of those things. ;-)

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
I understand man, it's a situational thing. Right after you put the 408 in though, you gotta sell it, that sucks. Good luck with everything.

Users who are viewing this thread