What do I need/what should I get?

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
Hey all:

I will be ordering some products soon from Scott at SMP but I wanted to get some input on what I need to get first. As the sig states, I have a Torch Red 03 and I want to make this thing look beautiful. I am buying a PC today but I need practically everything else. From what I have seen, I am interested in trying the whole Poorboy's/Clearkote combo stuff (i.e. SSR, VM, CM, etc.). This is where my questions come in...

1. What would be the proper order of a complete exterior detail? When I mean complete I mean COMPLETE!

2. Would it be reccomended to invest in Clearkote's Red Moose Machine Glaze for my car instead of or along with the the VM and CM? What would the RMMG do to my car? Would it make it darker?

3. What pads would I end up needing?

4. I will probably be buying Clearkotes detail spray and Poorboys Spary and Wipe for qiuck emergencies, but what else would you guys reccomend that I invest in so I can have a complete detailing arsenal at my disposal?

5. What degree SSR should I buy? Right now my paint doesn't have that many swirl marks in it but it has a few that I would like to get rid of.

Thanks in advance,

THC

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Porter Cable. ( Must have )

pads for PC ( essential )

Quality Microfiber towels.

Poorboy's spray and gloss. ( I prefer Adams Detail spray for Superior shine )
( Detail spray )

clay bar. ( for prep.

poorboys ssr 2.5

Vanilla moose or RMG. I got both.

Carnauba moose wax.

Poorboys Super slick & suds. FOr a true car wash experince.

Well that about all you need for now.
brushes and other things can be purchased at Autozone.

:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread