What do loose flywheel bolts feel like on a manual?

4.6+5.0

Established Member
I've got a m6 and have 12,000+ miles on it and pushing the clutch in to change gears anywhere above 3000 rpms and it feels like there is some vibration in the clutch pedal and the shifter. It seems to be more so when u get to 5000+ I have not had a lot of time to take to the dealer yet but thought I would ask here cause I'm sure others have had that particular issue.

acrbill

Established Member
When my pressure plate bolts backed out shifting became difficult and the clutch was engaging right off the floor. I don't recall any vibration however.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
YOU push the pedal to the floor but cant stick it in gear less its all the way to the floor and sometimes wont go into gear at all! it never vibrated just could nt get it in gear ...take it right to the dealer!!!!

Last edited:

Ivan 5.0

Established Member
YOU push the pedal to the floor but cant stick it in gear less its all the way to the floor and sometimes wont go into gear at all! it never vibrated just could nt get it in gear ...take it right to the dealer!!!!

Yep - same shit happened to me; take it to the dealer!

WHITEMACH

Established Member
Is there an inspection port, or access to see the flywheel on these cars?

NO it sucks,the whole trans has to be pulled to check!:cuss:if it is vibrating you broke the dial pins ?? but vibrations will also effect the motor ,better get it to the dealer .call and have ford tow it,before something really gets screwed up!!!

Last edited:

Mattz

Established Member
When my pressure plate bolts backed out shifting became difficult and the clutch was engaging right off the floor. I don't recall any vibration however.

Dude my car does the same thing... I bought it used with 2500 miles on it a few weeks ago.. shifted fine... lately the car wants to engage right as the clutch leaves the floor. Feel like I have to ride the clutch with gas so it doesn't stall.

Users who are viewing this thread