What do you guys eat?

Pewter99TransAm

Hey guys, I have had IBS ever since 5th grade and it has caused me to heavily limit what I eat daily. I usually get up at 8 and eat like a low fat cup of pudding every morning then drink a few bottles of water until I have class from 5-9 everyday of the week. Then once I get outta class go hit whatever fast food I can get ahold to. And this eating regiment applies anytime I leave the house to do anything and but recently I have started getting ungodly headaches when I go to play baseball, golf, etc after only like max of an hour of being outside....just run out of juice (for obvious reasons). I was curious of as to what drinks, snack bars, etc you guys use keep your energy up before you head out and during any types of sporting events?

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Let me see if I read this correctly. YOu get up up at 8am and eat a pudding and don't eat anythign else until you go to or get out of class at 9pm that night? :shrug:

Pewter99TransAm

Yea. I know it sounds crazy man but if I eat anything other than something really light like that or like a piece of toast my stomach will be tore up to the point I cant leave the house for the rest of the day. I eat that little bit every morning then take my medicine so I can go out and work, go to school, etc. It really sucks.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Yea. I know it sounds crazy man but if I eat anything other than something really light like that or like a piece of toast my stomach will be tore up to the point I cant leave the house for the rest of the day. I eat that little bit every morning then take my medicine so I can go out and work, go to school, etc. It really sucks.

That is what I touhght you said. Wow. I feel for you.

Have you tried exercising on a regualr basis?

Fatty foods, milk products, chocolate, alcohol, and caffeinated and carbonated drinks can trigger symptoms.

Eating foods with fiber and eating small meals throughout the day may reduce symptoms.

My brother-in-law had this same problem to the point he could not go out of the house for fear of shitting his pants. One day it miracuously went away.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
oatmeal or fruit in the morning followed by a protein bar or shake....pre gym... then isopure(no carb 40 g protein) after the gym....some type of grilled chicken for lunch, protein bar or shake at 3pm and then dinner a LOT of chicken breast, steak or super lean pork tenderloin. Rice or veggie with that......repeat

Last edited:

Pewter99TransAm

That is what I touhght you said. Wow. I feel for you.

Have you tried exercising on a regualr basis?

Fatty foods, milk products, chocolate, alcohol, and caffeinated and carbonated drinks can trigger symptoms.

Eating foods with fiber and eating small meals throughout the day may reduce symptoms.

My brother-in-law had this same problem to the point he could not go out of the house for fear of shitting his pants. One day it miracuously went away.

Good luck!

Yea man. I use to work out 5 days a week, but just dont have the time to on a regular basis anymore. Yea I have to stay away form things like milk, anything with alot of fiber, and chocolate. That equals a total disaster. Mainly why I was curious of what things you gusy eat for energy becuase alot I have seen are HIGH in fiber.

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
Try raw almonds, canned tuna, chicken breast, protein shakes, fruits, kashie bars. As for what to drink I really only drink water and tea so I don't know what to suggest for you there

Its obvious why you run out of energy and get headaches, your body is craving nutrition and since your not supplying it's... rebeling if you will

When you get out of class and eat does your stomach start to really hurt you or is that only during the day?

S197man

Established Member
Hey man, I feel your pain. I have a friend in a similar situation, but not nearly as bad sounding.

If you are in a rush and need a boost, have you ever considered Whey Protien? You are getting hardly any protien during your day. Some protien has lactose in it, but some doenst, so I would say you could find some with no lactose for your problem. It mixes easily in a capped water bottle, and it will "revive" you for a while.

JMO

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Breakfast- Water, oatmeal some fruit
Sandwhich for lunch $5 footlongs ftw
Dinner something nice filling, usually steak and potatoes or chicken and rice

I really eat like garbage and need to get back on the lifting diet

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
Hey man, I feel your pain. I have a friend in a similar situation, but not nearly as bad sounding.

If you are in a rush and need a boost, have you ever considered Whey Protien? You are getting hardly any protien during your day. Some protien has lactose in it, but some doenst, so I would say you could find some with no lactose for your problem. It mixes easily in a capped water bottle, and it will "revive" you for a while.

JMO

True story. I take all of my protein shakes with water instead of milk and it doesnt taste that bad

Last edited:

=04 Cobra Nut=

Crazy Construction Guy
Established Member
skim milk, whey protein, banana shake for bfast
almonds snack
salad w grilled chicken lunch
protein bar snack
workout like a fiend for 1 hour before dinner
chicken, tuna, lean pork, turkey as dinner and veggies
sometimes I have a small snack of 2 -4 cups popcorn as snack before bed
rest, repeat

Dave

stangin99

Established Member
Eggs, sausage, banana, chicken, veggies/salad, apple, mixed nuts, steak, salad/veggies

That's one day and is just food. Lots of drinks mixed in there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread