What do you guys think I should do next?

What mod should I do next?

• Steig port with TB/Plenum

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Subframes/Springs

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • New Rims

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beef up suspension

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Blakers01GT

Established Member
I was messing around on Bodog.com yesterday playing let em' ride and I hit 4 queens. So I figured the 700 or 800 I'm up I'll just throw it in the Cobra right away. So what should I do next? The Fiore Firewall clutch/quadrant kit is not listed, but I already have that. Sorry the options are vague but not sure what I wanna do..

Steig port - simply the best power mod to do for me with the exception of Nos or a bigger blower.

Springs/Subframes - Good for handling and appearance.

Rims - I have seen SO MANY badass snakes on here with aftermarket rims, but not sure what would look good with my Comp orange, deep dish chrome bullitts??

Beef up suspension - I'm am not a huge track junkie but will go every once in a while, is that worth it if I'm not at the track once a month?

Anything else let me know, I'm open for ANY suggestion.

Last edited:

Blakers01GT

Established Member
96stanggt said:
Port blower......and if you don't have them already some drag radials!! You'll need them!!

I should probably update my sig, Yes, I have 315 Nitto drags out back, make all the difference in the world :thumbsup:

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
Upgrade suspension, front k member, a arms, coilovers, c&c plates. Drops weight off front and handles better. I recommend D&D, maximum motorsports for c&c plates.
Welded subframes are cheap and help too. I took out foam front under front bumper to drop weight and can move battery to trunk as well. In my 1990 notch I have no spare, or jack, can of stopleak and AAA! Weight is the enemy of fun.

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
port everything and get a dyno tune. 430 whp for a 2.73 :poke: :nonono:

Blakers01GT

Established Member
Easy said:
port everything and get a dyno tune. 430 whp for a 2.73 :poke: :nonono:

It was a cobra dyno day that day. It was basically All pullied cobra's, mine actually had the 2nd best numbers. it was 95 and humid out. So the only reason I'm not upset about the numbers is everyone was low, the guy who owns the dyno doesn't keep up with his dyno jet, so it puts out low numbers. The guy who was tunning was upset because EVERYONE was low and the dyno was kind of screwed up.

MyT-Mouse

Established Member
I would do springs/CC plates/ subframe connectors. Then have it aligned. More power will make you happy for about 2 weeks, then you get used to it. I think you will be happier going this route.

Blakers01GT

Established Member
MyT-Mouse said:
I would do springs/CC plates/ subframe connectors. Then have it aligned. More power will make you happy for about 2 weeks, then you get used to it. I think you will be happier going this route.

Thanks, by the way your car looks SO SICK! very mean :beer: :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread