What do you guys think of San Antonio

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
I'm from So.Cal. and have been thinking about leaving California and moving to San Antonio. My friend is going out there in a few weeks and he has invited me to go with him to check it out. I spoke with my wife and we think its a good idea for me to check it out and get a feel for Texas and see what I think. My current job situation sucks and we're looking to start fresh.

My friend was telling me to look into the North West and Central areas of San Antonio. What do you guys think of those areas? Could you guys give me some feedback on what parts of San Antonio you guys recommend? Thanks.

highf250

Established Member
Yeah north or northwest is the best area. Nicer part of the city. Great
if you like the outdoors. Austin and the hill country is an awesome area.

Kewlv8

Established Member
I'm from So.Cal. and have been thinking about leaving California and moving to San Antonio. My friend is going out there in a few weeks and he has invited me to go with him to check it out. I spoke with my wife and we think its a good idea for me to check it out and get a feel for Texas and see what I think. My current job situation sucks and we're looking to start fresh.

My friend was telling me to look into the North West and Central areas of San Antonio. What do you guys think of those areas? Could you guys give me some feedback on what parts of San Antonio you guys recommend? Thanks.

I would only live far North or Northwest San Antonio. San Antonio is not bad, I like Dallas better for things to do, and feel that Houston may have a better job market, with San Antonio being a good choice after those or Austin. Good luck.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I'll definitely keep those areas in mind and can't wait to go out there.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Yes on the North Part of SA!!! I live 2hrs SE of San Antonio on the coast, but goto SA all the time. My father lives N. SA off of 281 past 1604, and its nice! Lots of hills, stone, trees and newer businesses & restaurants. Also he got a new custom 4100 sqft home in the low low 300's.

bFoxGt500

Established Member
San Antonio - no beach !

But it's a nice place and the hill country is a great place to cruise. Plus, they have a pretty active Shelby club there - that's gotta mean something!

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
There are much nicer places to live in Texas than San Antonio.

Don't know much about Texas as I've lived my whole life in California. My friend is the one who has a house out in San Antonio and has been the one mentioning for me to check it out. Besides San Antonio, What other areas do you guys recommend?

My wife and myself aren't really into the party scene. We like going out to eat and do things as a family. We would also like areas where they have good schools for my daughter. I'm just keeping an open mind to what else is out there. Thanks for the input.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
born and raised here, been all over because of the Navy and its home for me. Dallas is full of rude assholes, houston has a bigger job market, and Austin is a good spot besides the property taxes lol. buddy is an Austin Leo and he lives in Buda because the taxes are significant;y lower, but it's def different than CA, I was in San Diego and the lifestyles are very diff.

Users who are viewing this thread