What do you guys think this Cobra is worth?

93_SVT_FREAK

Established Member

93 Cobra, Clean title
Teal/ Black interior, New paint and clean interior
124k miles
Sunroof
No tranny
Motor spun a bearing, Everything is still there.
Polished factory wheels with new tires, DR's on the rear.
New subframe connectors
New headlights

What do you think a fair selling price is?

Last edited:

carguy19

Established Member
4-5000

Its very uncommon for a stock 302 to spin a bearing at 120K... Id shy away from the car, it probably had a hard life.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
$6,500-$7,500. I've seen rollers go for that much, and they were the more common red/grey, or black grey, etc. That teal one on ebay recently with no rearend and a smashed quarter panel brought more than that, and I'd rather have this one. Easy fix IMO. Obviously this depends on the condition of the rest of the car.

A new shortblock, and a transmission (even new) and you're still under what that car would sell for fixed and running. Even using a TKO, and a 306, forged piston shortblock.

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
New paint, no tranny, smoked engine, etc.......definitely has had a hard life.

On the bright side, you've got quite a bit of leverage to work with on a car like that. Figure that you'll have to dump at least a few thousand to make it right, so go from there. I'd say 5-6 thousand.

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
93_SVT_FREAK said:

93 Cobra, Clean title
Teal/ Black interior, New paint and clean interior
124k miles
Sunroof
No tranny
Motor spun a bearing, Everything is still there.
Polished factory wheels with new tires, DR's on the rear.
New subframe connectors
New headlights

What do you think a fair selling price is?

if it were local and i had room i would go there with cash in hand and offer 4k. tell him teal is very hard color to match like original and tranny is expensive and lot of work to pull motor. that's just me though.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Sounds like an old drag car to me. Probably pulled the good motor and tranny out to sell and dropped in a junkyard motor. :shrug:
Teals are pullin $10K min these days so add up all it will take to make the car right, subtract from the market price and go from there. I'd guess $4-5K.
Dont forget to check the brakes.

93_SVT_FREAK

Established Member
The car hasn't had a rough life, It's only 2 miles from my house.
The motor went south and the owner is going to keep the Tremec for his 65 Fastback.

He's asking a higher price then what everyone has posted so far.

carguy19

Established Member
93_SVT_FREAK said:
The motor went south and the owner is going to keep the Tremec for his 65 Fastback.

Blowing a motor up... theres a story behind that that indicates hard driving. Tremec in the car.... = driven hard enough to break the stock trans... more hard driving.

Id look for something else if I were you. You can find a nice high mileage car thats running for 7-8 grand if you look thats been cared for.

If you go look at the car by you.... check the torque boxes.... Id bet they are torn up which would be the telltale sign the car was beat.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
93_SVT_FREAK said:

Personally, if I were looking at this car, I would insist that the original matching number trans. go with the car, even if some $$$ had to be negotiated. The engine.........I would try to salvage the original matching number block, or at least keep it with the car. Hi-Po cars/Mustangs from the 60's and early 70's that have had tons of miles put on them, and are now restored and up for sale are worth far more if matching numbers can be verified. <----------And there were many, many more of them produced per model year in most cases than there were 1993 Cobras.

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread