what do you guys think

CKERR134

stangfan
Established Member
ok here it is i am in no way new to the mustang thing, i took a ride in a 1993 red gt in 1994 and i remember thinking this is the car for me. I loved everypart of the fox body, still do and have bought mustang magazines ever since. But i never bought a mustang till 2 years ago a yellow 1995 gt with 34,000 miles new body still 5.0 had to have it. After driving it i have put on all the bolt ons but since i have only put 8,000 miles on it on 2 years its time to get serious im 100% puting in a new engine but just dont know what and here is what im thinking

347 stroker-this is what i really want but what are the pro and cons in this an engine. Will i have to work on all the time or can i take it out drive it hard and bring it home no worries? I've herd of oil problems but also herd that those are now fixed, will my stock tranny hold it? It will have heads and all that i want to prep it for a turbo not to crazy but around 425 to 525hp is were i want to be i want to still drive it to shows but beat 90% of the roll ons. What will i have to do to achive this and i also know at that point the tranny will need beefed up what tranny do you guys prefer.

351-dont know much about this motor so this i am going to leave up to you guys.

My 302 with a powerdyne sc what will need done to prep for this so i dont go out and blow my engine in to a million parts

I quess the main thing is i drive hard not all the time but it happens. I dont won't to be under the hood the next day fixing what i broke but i also dont want to spend tons of money if i did i would have bought in 03 cobra instead of a lightning and moded the hell out of it. This is a car i will drive to shows and go out anytime i wont to be alone, The girlfriend hates it she think it steenks and its noisy but she loves to listen to the lightning whining hmmm thanks

Last edited:

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Personally, I would stick with the 302 since it is dirt cheap to build it compared to the other engine choices.

Just take the engine out and have it built for boost. You will need forged pistons, rods, and preferably a forged crank. Have the engine dipped and checked for cracks, then have someone who knows what they're doing put it all together for ya. Get the heads ported while you're at it since you want to supercharge it. You could probably do all of this and put in a cam in for around the cost of a mildly built stroker/351.

Ford330CID

Ford Rules
Established Member
ckerr134, not trying to be a jackass, but it would be a hell of lot easier to read your post if it had some punctuation.

CKERR134

stangfan
Established Member
ya i know

I was watching a movie and writing wasn't paying Attention i was even going to go back a fix it but i figured you guys could deal with it my bad everyone

lxfiveoh

Established Member
ive heard that 347's use some oil, more so than others....if i was you id build a 408 stroker. youll get the power you want plus a more reliable block. just my .02$

CKERR134

stangfan
Established Member
reliable

reliable is what im looking for, high hp but reliable i know its not going to be perfect but like i said i dont wont to work on it all the time

Users who are viewing this thread