What do you guys think?

red03dave

Established Member
My brother has a '03 GT with a with an '04 Cobra swap in it. With all the suspension hardware he has and the stuff I left off or forgot, what is a good place to launch? What would be a realistic time slip with street tires or should he run Drag Radials? He is a road racer and really has never been to the strip. Anyone on here have a similar setup as a point of reference?

In the engine he has:
JBA shorties
Magnaflow x pipe and cat back
2.76 pulley
Ported blower
Accufab TB
5 gallon water tank (in the trunk)

The car made 427 hp and 393 tq on a mustang dyno w/ 3.55 gears on the T56 w/ the live axle.

Suspension mods include:
MM hvy duty tq Arm
MM pan hard
MM urethane bushings
MM lower control arms
MM sub frames
MM adjustable sway
295 BFG KDW
yadda yadda...and way more up front...

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
HP seems a little low for the mods, but I still would definately suggest drag radials if he wants good ets. Unbolt the front swaybar so it will transfer weight and with drag radials and aggressive driving he should be in the 11s with those mods. Without drag racing experience though, don't be discouraged if it's only in the 12s. It takes practice.

red03dave

Established Member
Well those were on a mustang dyno which are usually lower HP/TQ numbers correct? Does anyone on here have a MM torque arm or pan hard setup?

03cobramanIII

Banned
dont get 315s nittos i can spin them in 2second gear 3 house down they had to let up cause of some old man getting his mail.LOL. my 335 hoo's are coming!

SVT10TH#1721

Established Member
With those mods and considering it might be lighter than a Cobra he should be in the low 11's with practice and some good tires.GL

Users who are viewing this thread