What do you have for Insurance?

levs302

Established Member
This question is directed towards the northern car enthusiasts. I would like to use my car as a summer only vehicle since I'm buying a small pickup for the winter months. My origional plan was to transfer the registration and insurance between the two of them. But I would like to have the truck even in the summer for hauling stuff and doing odd jobs. I'm assuming there are quite a few members on here that have a similar dilema. Does anyone here have half year insurance plans? Is there a strict millage limitation?

*To sum it up...What is the cheapest way to insure my car for the summer?

Thanks

usafimj

Established Member
I have USAA since i'm in the military. Great prices. I'm paying around $615/6 months, full coverage on 2 vehicles. Plus I'm only 22yrs old. They have pretty much everything

Mario93

Established Member
i have my 93 insured for 50k. I will be spending about $100 a month for insurance once it is complete..I don't know if there are limits on the miles or not. I'll have to check.
Ask your insurance agent...when I was overseas I had to leave full coverage on the car because there was a lien holder, at a bare minimum get enough insurance if there is a fire or natural disaster.
I'm using Progressive now...not to bad....I had state farm and they dropped me because after an accident they sent out an adjuster and saw my car was modified...and they had a copy of the work done to the car for 3 years so it should have been no surprise.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Banned
I win! I have the cheapest. Im insured by Ameriprise ins. Co. I have the max full coverage on 5 cars & I pay less than $300 a month for them all. Oh, & Im only 23. I know what youre thinking, too good to be true. Well ive already been in an accident where I totalled a brand new car, hadnt even had it a year, didnt have that GAP insurance, & they covered it. Got another new car in less than a month. My rates didnt go up either.

But to answer your original question I dont think you can get half year ins. However there is a thing called garage status ins. where, like in your case, your not driving the car. The rates are lower, but you could still drive the car, just if you get in an accident or something happens, just remember to say this was the first time you pulled it out of the garage. This is what I have on my 88 since its in pieces & not driveable while I restore it, but I want to be covered in case it gets broken into or something. Same with my Jeep, because I only use it in the winter to go up the mountains in the snow. You gotta beat the system man. If it screws you, screw it back! Why do they force us to pay for what we dont need!?

Users who are viewing this thread