What do you pay for insurance?

realaxed83

Established Member
I have USAA and as others have already posted...they are kickass. I pay 127 a month for full coverage on my 03 cobra, liability on my 98 ranger, and renters insurance for 10k..this also with a secondary driver on my policy and I am 23 years old. I had a ticket but its off my record now. You must have government affiliation or a family member who has it to be eligable though.

MarlboroMan

Established Member
$117 on 96 Cobra. Full coverage and personal property. 1 DUI. All other tickets are erased I think.

Some of you guys that are paying those outrageous prices heres a few tips.

1)Switch insurance companies :thumbsup:
2)Get a lawyer :thumbsup: <-------------------Thats a must right there. It will save you money in the long run and you get to keep your license :thumbsup:
3)Learn how to drive. :thumbsup: Im not trying to insult anyone, but if you look up in the thread most of the accidents were from 18-22 yr old kids driving an 03 Cobra with a sack full of Go-Fast goodies. I can almost gaurantee those accidents were from showing off and letting the car get away from you. And I speak from for myself since my first car was a 92 GT bought at 15 years old running high 12s. Ive had some close calls too.

Last edited:

Trmin8r

Established Member
Got a new policy with USAA and changed a couple of numbers around, but still have full coverage on all three (06 F150, 05 Camry, 03 Cobra), and it is $164/month. And USAA probably has the BEST customer service.

I was going to file a claim for a hit and run with Farmers Insurance last week and ended up getting some rude person from India as my claims person..... And they did everything they could not to cover it.

bostonblizz21

i recently checked out some quotes at http://www.oneshopinsurance.com they have a couple of known companies here. so it's cool. actually there are things that we all have to consider. Age is a major consideration. Old vehicles pay a higher premium than new ones. The type and model of the vehicle has a major role also. When buying car/auto insurance online, there are sites that provide automated tools. They’re using an auto coverage analyzer where you have to answer a few question about your financial standing, automobile condition, etc. From this information it will generate what category of coverage you need.

stocksvtcontour

Established Member
Man I feel like I am getting ripped. They wanted 225 a month for full coverage on the contour. I have no tickets, married and have home owners insurance through state farm so they we my cheapest option. :fm: Also I am 23

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
stocksvtcontour said:
Man I feel like I am getting ripped. They wanted 225 a month for full coverage on the contour. I have no tickets, married and have home owners insurance through state farm so they we my cheapest option. :fm: Also I am 23

Try AAA...

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Age 20, Esurance, 2003 GT vert, one ticket from like 3 years ago, 2200/year. I checked the price for an 03 cobra vert and it was only like 100 bucks more a year.

Used to have a 92 civic on my parents policy which included 4 cars and a house and was still payin a ton for that. When I wanted to get my stang, my dad got a quote from the insurance company and they told him $7000/yr!! We've had their insurance for as long as I can remember and then they pull that shit. Ingrateful bastards. Haven't had a problem in this car yet so they can kiss my ass.

Users who are viewing this thread