what do you recommend....

PapaNinfas

i have a blue 94 atx with alomst 60k on the clock (i know i know, do the 60k tune up, i will...), and it pretty much all stock. i threw out the air box, stuck on a cheap ass pepboys cone airfilter (the intimidator!) and ported the throttlebody out, but i dont think that did anything. i took it to the trakc like that, took out all passenger seats, spare tires, side headlamp and what not and ran a best of 15.04 @ 90mph with a whining fuel pump that died a few weeks later. i stuck in the holley 155l/hr fuel pump and it feels like its running better than ever. i'm gonna try and run some more 1/4 mile times soon to see what i can pull.

so the question is....what would you guys recommend as the next mod. i'm gonna be doing maintenace with the 60k real soon, but wanna spend a little on going faster first. preferably something cheap that is NOT exhaust, because i like it looking stock from the outside, and cat backs seem like a waste of money to me. thanks

PapaNinfas

80mm is either too expensive or a huge hassle to get everything to fit. i've also heard that it just doesn't like some of the SHO's, yet works great on the other ones. i know you need to get the LPM if you take the MAF off of a Mark VIII, and buy a bunch of stuff to make it fit, or spend about 300+ bucks to get one already calibrated that will fit. i'm actually about to buy the bullet 75mm MAF. its already calibrated, so it just bolts right on, and only casts 160 bucks (180 chromed out :D ).

i heard they hp gain from the y pipe on the ATX is minimal, and is something that you'd want to do later on, but hardly worth it for a nearly stock car.

i do plan on getting an LPM eventually, but later on after i have some more stuff done. that way i dont have to keep sending it back everytime i stick a new toy on there.

just wondering if there was some mod i had completely overlooked....

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Well, if your going to get a chip, then the 80 isn't a problem. You just pick up the Cobra/ Mark VIII and have the chip burnt for it. end of problem. And probably still cheaper than the 75mm. Do not waste your money on the 73mm.

AS for the ypipe, correct, it is less restrictive than the MTXs, BUT there is still a decent gain from it.

If you ran a 15.04 with the mods you have (though you trap is a little low IMO), I would see no problem with a possible 14.7ish with the mods irecommended. But every car is different.

After what I recommended (or before the the LPM) I would get next the BBB and EH Runners.

Prophet

Established Member
I would go with the Big butterflies and Honed runners since that area is going to be touched with the 60k maintenaince stage one cams would also be nice.

I agree you wont get much from y-pipe upgrade and exhaust so leave that out.

As the maintenance and the mods i listed will cost you a pretty penny.

Good luck,and i must add that is a very impressive track time .

yamahaSHO

Established Member
You say it is an ATX? I hear people giving you good advise about the y-pipe, but no one said anything about the 100k. With the ATX you don't have a 60k, you have 100k.

Personally I would do it at 60k because I have seen shims out of spec at 60k. You are supposed to be able to let the timing belt last til 100k though.

Users who are viewing this thread