What do you spend on groceries per month?

Kevins89notch

Established Member
goddamn you guys need to eat less LOL. For me, my wife, 2 little ones, about $300-400

I'm frugal as **** but eating out once daily is my one waste of money. I make enough that it's fine. Except right now I'm only eating out like once every 2-3 days, trying to stay in, but after a bit I just have to leave the house...and end up getting food.

nxhappy

Established Member
also you bitches need to shop at walmart, litterally 30% from frys/safeway/vons/wherever (yes its white trash but who cares LOL)

CobraKid04

Established Member
Budget for 800. Just my wife and I. We have a 1 year old, but he is starting to eat what we eat.

I'm greek, wife is Italian. Lots of food all the time. Each dinner is a whole production. We pack our lunches for work as well. Rarely eat out.

You come to my house, your eating.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Family of 4 (me, wife, 12 year old and 11 year old). We have a lot of dietary restrictions so we never eat out. I’m fine, but wife doesn’t do gluten as it doesn’t make her feel good. Daughter is allergic to egg and son is allergic to egg, peanut, tree nuts and dairy. Drives up the cost because we have to buy a huge variety of foods. We probably spend $700-$800 per month since all meals are at home.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

coposrv

Established Member
Wife myself 2 yr old and pets 800/mo. not counting dinners out or daily coffee. Just Groceries and pet food.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
~600-700 a month for 2 adults and a toddler.

Try to buy a lot of fruits and other healthy foods for my son to get into at an early age.

Massie02GT

Established Member
Family of 4 (me, wife, 12 year old and 11 year old). We have a lot of dietary restrictions so we never eat out. I’m fine, but wife doesn’t do gluten as it doesn’t make her feel good. Daughter is allergic to egg and son is allergic to egg, peanut, tree nuts and dairy. Drives up the cost because we have to buy a huge variety of foods. We probably spend $700-$800 per month since all meals are at home.

I’m living this, too. My youngest son is Epi-Pen level allergic to eggs. He’s also allergic to corn and rice, which means nothing with corn syrup, rice flour, etc.

On top of that, our oldest is the pickiest eater I’ve ever met in my life, and I didn’t think it was possible to top my own pickiness.

For my family (wife, 2 kids, myself) we regularly spend $1k+ per month in groceries. Granted, that’s everything...diapers for the youngest, cleaning supplies, bathroom needs, etc. Our “grocery store” budget is $1200/monthly.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
For you guys that are spending $300, give me an example of what’s on your dinner plate.

same breakfast daily: cheap nutri grain bar

Lunch is either a sandwich ( made with a tortilla ) or a meal replacement bar

dinner = usually pasta.. or some sort of chicken... or something with rice. My fav I could eat daily is black beans with rice.

It’s EASY to eat cheap. Hell go on YouTube.. there are a lot of videos showing it. Some of these body builder guys show how to eat on $80 a week ( mind you .. it’s just them)

get different seasonings so you don’t get bored with flavor and you’re good

Kevins89notch

Established Member
For you guys that are spending $300, give me an example of what’s on your dinner plate.

Pasta.

Just pulled up Walmart's site. $1.28 for the pasta I use, $1.96 for the sauce I use. $3.30 for about 5 meals, so $0.66 each, factor in a little parmesan cheese and you'll under $1 a meal.

Machdup1

Established Member
I have no idea.

I give all my money to the dish washer and there is always food in the house.

At dinner time, plates of food find me.

I have no idea how it gets there, I think magic is involved.

PIPO

Established Member
A lot less since I switched to plant based whole foods. $400-$500 for 3 people.

Blown 89

Established Member
Today's meals:
Breakfast: bananas and bulk oatmeal.
Lunch: pasta, homemade marinara, with breaded chicken.
Snack: Blueberries and Strawberries
Dinner: Polish sausage, cauliflower, roasted fingerling potatoes.

All on sale or bulk.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
I'd say around $300 month for two people. We are both on keto, everything is organic, pasture raised, grass fed/finished, etc. We get a lot from Costco, the rest comes from Whole Foods or Ralph's usually.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
My wife says it's 600 a month. Just the two of us, and I eat 80%... So she says.

And the gyms are closed, lifting from home isn't the same. :(

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
5722aae63c4a46e5e4503d8ac5d0bcc1.jpg

MG0h3

Established Member
Damn. I’m guessing 500-600 a month at Walmart just for me. Don’t eat out often at all.

Users who are viewing this thread