What do you think about some Hoosier A6's as a DR?

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
I have a buddy with a used set that wants to know if I want them. What do you think>?

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
better than street tires 4 the track. Not 4 road use.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
The A6s have a very stiff sidewall where a drag radial sidewall will flex more for better traction. They'll heat up quick they're made from a very soft compound, don't do a huge burnout with them or they'll get greasy. I dont drag race just stating what I know about the tire.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I have drag raced with my road course Nitto NT01s and Kumho V700s on my car a couple of times (the 99 Cobra). Buy them and use them if you can get a good price. Like Anthony said, don't do a John Force burnout, just dust them off and don't smoke them hard or they will get greasy.

-Kevin

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Would you say daily driving with them on the rear of my car is dangerous?

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Not at all. Just realize that they are a 40 treadwear rating so they are going to wear out a LOT quicker than even a normal Drag Radial.

Also be aware that since the tread is so soft, they are going to be more prone to punctures and cuts.

-Kevin

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Maybe I should put them on my stock 99 rims and use them for racing. But then the car would have a different rim on it for a few months and to me that would be weird. Ahh what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread