What do you think it's worth? -Gawdy C6Z on eBay-

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
Not to remove that painted stripe and respray the yellow to blend then clear.
If you can get all that done for 8-900 I'll be shipping a car out that way to have the rear bumper resprayed as your shop should be able to do it for 1-200 since mine quoted $600

Shop? Why a shop?? Do none of you have friends who are laborers who work AT these overpriced "shops"??

Shops need to charge big bucks here to keep the lights on, rent, pay employees, insurance etc. Pay your laborer directly on his days off from work and you save thousands :)
Nayers will still nay.

Last edited:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Shop? Why a shop?? Do none of you have friends who are laborers who work AT these overpriced "shops"??

Shops need to charge big bucks here to keep the lights on, rent, pay employees, insurance etc. Pay your laborer directly on his days off from work and you save thousands :)
Nayers will still nay.

Yes, because we all know quality paint guys who have access to a booth on their off days...

Blackoyote

Established Member

Nayers will still nay.

I actually do have friends who work for large shops...and the last thing they want to do after a 70 hour week is do more of the same shit they've been doing all week. And, as Screw-Rice stated...you can't just get access to the paint booths.

It's not like you're asking someone to spray a hood...you're asking someone to prep and paint carbon fiber panels that all have to be removed to be painted. Shit that even if I had a friend to do, I'd rather pay more so that the work is warrantied.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
I'd rather pay more so that the work is warrantied.

Reminds me of Blackoyote :rolling:

article-2550245-1B225D3100000578-998_634x433.jpg

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
Just sounds like you are trying to justify half-assed work. Please stop.

Maybe if this was some $1.5k 1st gen dsm id be all with you, but a $25-30k car?

Paying less for equal service is not equal to "a half assed job". But if it makes you feel better then keep on paying those prices!

Next :)

Users who are viewing this thread