What do you think of Chrome inserts?

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Couple questions:

1) What do you think of the chrome/reflective bumper inserts for a Redfire Cobra?

2) What about flat silver instead?

3) Where should I look to order and

4) Where is the best site for "dress up" interior accessories and whatnot?

Thanks.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
I don't really care for inserts at all....
Chrome...well, it's a bit much to me.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I think that the flat silver would look better, sorry i dont know of any links

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
I've been wondering the same thing. You don't have to get metal inserts either. Don't think that I've seen a DSG or Redfire with the crome inserts.

Someone send some pics.

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Well I have them on my Sonic Blue cobra and I get nothing but compliments on them. Flat silver on redfire would not be a good choice in my opinion. But it's whatever you like, not what everyone else likes. Have you ever heard of Scott Winger out of Canada? He has them for the 03 cobra and the quality is TOP NOTCH!! I got mine from him. They last forever and look great. Go to www.stainlessbumperletters.com Go to the photo gallery and to gallery #2 and there's some pictures of cobras with the letters. I've had 2 sets of these and never a problem.

mosconiac

Established Member
I installed the SW Designs inserts on my '03. I really like them (I believe they use the thickest metal), but my one critique is that the "inside" curve on the "C" does not conform to the shape of the factory letter as well as it could. All other letters are perfect.

You can see what I mean here...
http://www.stainlessbumperletters.com/03cobra.phtml

OverToad

Established Member
Since we both have redfire's, I thought I'd chime in.

I like chrome or SS inserts on silver/grey cars only for some reason. I think they might look better on a colored as long as you have other chrome to match it up with.

Without chrome rims, I wouldn't do it. Even with chrome rims (which are on their way) I would have to see another Cobra like mine with them before I'd spend the money.

Blades

Established Member
dear god man. they are $180.. What are your performance mods? Get somethin that'll keep on repayin you with more smiles per gallon (ok, im corny i know it)

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
SS Inserts all the way !!!

You'd be crazy to compare the Stailess Bumper Inserts to stickers... Just my opinion, but the stickers don't hold a candle to the SS inserts in any vehicle color (with or without chrome wheels)... Just my opinion !!! :-D

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I'm not a fan of chrome anything...however, my husband got me the SS inserts for my birthday and I really like them. They're not as bling-bling as I thought they'd be.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I think the silver reflective letters look awsome, you have to see them in person to get the true effect. The SS letter are cool, but I really don't like chrome stuff.

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Bizarro
I don't really care for inserts at all....
Chrome...well, it's a bit much to me.

I agree. I don't like them at all. Gives the car a ricer look and besides, if they don't know its a Cobra, who cares.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I like 'em! BLING BLING! (I'm a closet bling-a-holic...Shhhh...)

U.M.

nittos.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread