What does a man need to do...

jacek

Established Member
To get to the driver side cowl drain? I've been getting water in the drivers footwell after the recent rains and the cowl inside has a lot of mud and leaves in it as the car sat outside for many years before I got it. My searches on the internet for the drain location on new edge body were unsuccessful. Maybe someone here had to do it and can help me with some pointers. I removed the cowl cover trim but can't really see anything from the top.
Thank you!!!

Reaper14

Established Member
I know it's not nearly the same. But I just fixed this on my 99 town car. I removed the fresh air vent under the cowl & installed an EPDM seal from home depot where the old turd seal was.

jacek

Established Member
The cowl has a drain on each side.

You need to look down and back towards the fender to see them. I would run a brush down them to clear them out.
That's the direction i was looking. To no avail. Maybe the debris on the bottom hid it. I'll look again tomorrow. Thank you!!

jacek

Established Member
Here is what I see when I look there. The circled part is the inner fender wall. I suspect the drain may be behind it. I can't see it on the accessible bottom that is full of debris. Can someone confirm or point me at where it is? Thank you!!!

Attachments

• 20240212_114550.jpg
    20240212_114550.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 25

jacek

Established Member
That's interesting that there are no images online where the drain holes are

Users who are viewing this thread