what does a salvage titlle cobra go for?

JJK456

i am looking at a 2003 cobra with 32 k some mods car looks clean motor int. etc.. car was hit on the rear and front air bags never went off .. what do you guys think its worth ? whats a better deal a high mileage car ? or a salvage? iam looking at a 6 k difference in price from what i see the clean ones go for ? just don't know how much it will lose in 3 yrs from now ?

UptonMustang

The FASTER Cobra
Established Member

If you read the KBB closely, the branded title lists it as poor condition and doesn't estimate a value. A good reason for that is simply that most financial institutions will only finance 40-50% of average trade in value. That percentage is based on what they would expect to recieve on trade if you were to default on your loan.

As far as whether or not to go high mileage or salvage/ rebuilt, my suggestion would be the salvage/ rebuilt, provided you can get a background on what exactly happened to the car, who fixed, etc.

Either way, proceed with caution and good luck.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
FYI I sold my 04 for 15k and had a salvage title...I guess its in all what the buyer wants to pay! But generally it is 40-50% of the value like the other's said...

JJK456

thanks guys the one iam looking at has 34 k cat back pulley cold air 17x 10 rear rims on 315 nittos very clean int.. better then i have seen on clean title cars and can buy it for 13000 ... look at a 03 with 85 k that a kid had and beat on for 14 k car had tranny prob. the big thing is i will only have to finance 8 k with my money down vrs 17 k on a 04 with same miles dint make sense on a car that will sit 5 months out out of the year .. any mods i put on i can always take off when i sell the car in 3 to 4 yrs i figure it will still bring at least 10 k ? you will lose more on a clean one from what i have seen on here from what people pay when they sell ?

Users who are viewing this thread