What does it take to beat a 600cc bike??

pgdsmrr

Established Member
I would have to agree with truebluegt. It comes down to the rider many times. I know ppl that think they are good riders cause they have rode for 5 years and still don't bring it above 10 grand. Also many times if a car comes beside me and tries to race I normally don't down shift I just punch the gas cause it isn't to often you run into something that is decently fast. If the car pulls on me then I can drop 2 gears or 3 sometimes and jump back infront. It actually got so bad last summer that, when ppl tried racing me I would just try to race them on one wheel. The look on there face when you bring the front tire off the ground at 100kph and keep it there till 180 is priceless. Or I try to match there speed as wheelyin.

A stock cbr600rr is gear limited to 167.49 mph but the fastest I got mine was 152mph corrected speed and my bike will pull plenty hard till 120 harder that a modded cobra I don't know hopefully I will be able to find out this summer

The_Sheriff_

Established Member
pgdsmrr said:
I would have to agree with truebluegt. It comes down to the rider many times. I know ppl that think they are good riders cause they have rode for 5 years and still don't bring it above 10 grand. Also many times if a car comes beside me and tries to race I normally don't down shift I just punch the gas cause it isn't to often you run into something that is decently fast. If the car pulls on me then I can drop 2 gears or 3 sometimes and jump back infront. It actually got so bad last summer that, when ppl tried racing me I would just try to race them on one wheel. The look on there face when you bring the front tire off the ground at 100kph and keep it there till 180 is priceless. Or I try to match there speed as wheelyin.

A stock cbr600rr is gear limited to 167.49 mph but the fastest I got mine was 152mph corrected speed and my bike will pull plenty hard till 120 harder that a modded cobra I don't know hopefully I will be able to find out this summer

600RRs are badass bikes. I am probably going to get rid of my GSX-R1000 and get a 600RR. I think it would be a lot more fun IMHO.

Blackhalo

Established Member
04srt4 said:
all the bolt-ons, fuel system, weight reduction and 100/125 shot

hah, i think ive seen you at a meet before in houston. Silver srt with no seats or anything? Someone was like that guy pulled on a 600cc bike etc...
Rickey Gadson(sp) a pro bike drag racer pulled a 9.8 on a lowered and r6 with some sprocket changes.. so pretty much a r6 with 180 bucks at max and a pro driver put it in the 9's. Run my 600.. I ran my friends busa from a first gear punch on 1960 just to mess around(im more a twisty type of guy) and he didnt start pulling until 4th? Sais he missed a gear etc.. but i doubt it. But once we hit 4th he started walking hard but until than i was slightly infront or dead even. But anyways 04srt4 lets meet up before and get this on film my stock 600 vrs your srt :0

04srt4

Banned
Blackhalo said:
hah, i think ive seen you at a meet before in houston. Silver srt with no seats or anything? Someone was like that guy pulled on a 600cc bike etc...
Rickey Gadson(sp) a pro bike drag racer pulled a 9.8 on a lowered and r6 with some sprocket changes.. so pretty much a r6 with 180 bucks at max and a pro driver put it in the 9's. Run my 600.. I ran my friends busa from a first gear punch on 1960 just to mess around(im more a twisty type of guy) and he didnt start pulling until 4th? Sais he missed a gear etc.. but i doubt it. But once we hit 4th he started walking hard but until than i was slightly infront or dead even. But anyways 04srt4 lets meet up before and get this on film my stock 600 vrs your srt :0

yeah thats me :)
there were other guys driving seperatly when i ran the 600 and pulled it

i honestly didnt think i could beat it becuase ive seen a video of a 600 vs a KB cobra and the cobra got pulled everytime until very high speeds...
but i was really happy that i pulled it that night. im not really familiar with bikes, but ide accept the fact that i beat the driver, and not the bike.

but ~415 whp in a 2700 lb car isnt too shabby
i can hold my own a lot of the time :thumbsup:

i have no doubt a 600 would kill me at low speeds... but well into triple digits is where i started to pull on it and passed it up

Last edited:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
It's just impressive to me that a close to stock Cobra can hang with a crotch rocket! The weight to power ratios aren't even close. Long live the 32valve Cobra engine!

Blackhalo

Established Member
04srt4 said:
yeah thats me :)
there were other guys driving seperatly when i ran the 600 and pulled it

i honestly didnt think i could beat it becuase ive seen a video of a 600 vs a KB cobra and the cobra got pulled everytime until very high speeds...
but i was really happy that i pulled it that night. im not really familiar with bikes, but ide accept the fact that i beat the driver, and not the bike.

but ~415 whp in a 2700 lb car isnt too shabby
i can hold my own a lot of the time :thumbsup:

i have no doubt a 600 would kill me at low speeds... but well into triple digits is where i started to pull on it and passed it up

lol, 415 whp damn.. didnt figure your car was making that much whp. Hershey you have no clue what your talking about :0 But we'll have to meet up sometime and give them a run. But lets try one time i have no doubt with that much whp you could put up a fight. I'll bring the friend with the busa a long as well. 600's do seem to taper off in the triple digits.. but none the less it will pull to 165 indicated no problem. Curious as to what 600 you ran and people never seem to understand if their is a big guy on a 600 its going to kill the bike.. When i rode with a girl on the back that couldnt have weighed but 100 the damn bike felt like a slug. I usually dont race cars cause its stupid and 98% of the time its nothing worth bothering im just curious sense you beat a 600 how i would compete agianst ya. We could take a run through some twisties and see how you would far out though :0

Sax1031

Established Member
Trust me I have owned a GSXR-1000.

A 750 or higher you need 700+ hp in a 3000 lb or higher car to run with a properly rode 750cc or higher bike.

The_Sheriff_

Established Member
Sax1031 said:
Trust me I have owned a GSXR-1000.

A 750 or higher you need 700+ hp in a 3000 lb or higher car to run with a properly rode 750cc or higher bike.

+1

I had no problem pulling 2-3 football fields on a 450rwhp LS1. Btw, that was from a 75 punch on a GSX-R1000.

Last edited:

Sax1031

Established Member
The_Sheriff_ said:
+1

I had no problem pulling 2-3 football fields on a 450rwhp LS1. Btw, that was from a 75 punch. This was on a GSX-R1000.

I raced a cam, ported heads, 200 shot of gas 01 WS6 and put the beat down on him pretty bad. Even at higher speeds he wasn't gaining.

Blk04Svt

Established Member
Bottom line. Most 600cc bike's run 10's bone stock. Most modded cobra's only run 11's. Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go. Of course there are exceptions to every rule. The majority of Cobra's have pulley's or ported stock Eaton's. On average 450-490rwhp. Not enough power to get it done.

Sax1031

Established Member
Blk04Svt said:
Bottom line. Most 600cc bike's run 10's bone stock. Most modded cobra's only run 11's. Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go. Of course there are exceptions to every rule. The majority of Cobra's have pulley's or ported stock Eaton's. On average 450-490rwhp. Not enough power to get it done.

:beer:

WDW MKR

Established Member
Blk04Svt said:

From a freeway roll, it is possible. Quarter mile times don't tell the tale of a roll-race reaching 120+. As Sheriff mentioned, the drag on a bike is much greater at those speeds. In a quarter mile, it's no contest... the bike rules.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I always though 600 trapped around 122-125? I dont see why you would need 650rwhp to hang with a 600 bike? 750's and 1000 are a different ball game. I have raced 600's before and it wasnt all that bad of an outcome and i have 450rwhp

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Hersheyman said:
It's just impressive to me that a close to stock Cobra can hang with a crotch rocket! The weight to power ratios aren't even close. Long live the 32valve Cobra engine!

WTF??? When did increasing gross horsepower by +/- 150hp = close to stock?

I am not knocking the motors in our cars because I love them too...but come on guys. Getting your ass kicked by a full second in the quarter by a STOCK sportbike w/ a good rider is NOT HANGING W/ A BIKE.

And what is all this crap about "from a high speed roll..." Jeebus, did I accidentally log in to www.suprasruletheworld.com? I hear soooo many people on hear talk trash about how it isn't a race unless its from a stop or that only ricers go from a roll blah blah blah. Now you all act like going from a roll against a bike is cool since thats the only way you have a chance. Make up your ficken minds...

WDW MKR

Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
WTF??? When did increasing gross horsepower by +/- 150hp = close to stock?

I am not knocking the motors in our cars because I love them too...but come on guys. Getting your ass kicked by a full second in the quarter by a STOCK sportbike w/ a good rider is NOT HANGING W/ A BIKE.

And what is all this crap about "from a high speed roll..." Jeebus, did I accidentally log in to www.suprasruletheworld.com? I hear soooo many people on hear talk trash about how it isn't a race unless its from a stop or that only ricers go from a roll blah blah blah. Now you all act like going from a roll against a bike is cool since thats the only way you have a chance. Make up your ficken minds...

I don't remember stating that racing from a roll is only from ricers. I also don't recall saying that racing from a roll is "cool". I simply stated that it's very possible to beat the bike. People get their drawers in a wad for no reason. Based on your roll vs. stop argument, it's also not fair to brag about beating a stock Z06 when the Z06 was built to excel on the roadcourse; yet, people continually do it. How about the argument that a Viper may be faster, but look what happens when you spend the initial investment difference on the Cobra? Fact is, they're all arguments constructed to make the Cobra look better.

If you like bikes, then kickass. I enjoy riding them, too. It's just fun to occasionally compare things that generally shouldn't be compared. After all, it is the internet.

cobradude

SVT DUDE
Established Member
rmgtc01 said:
Me and a guy in a class I have started BSing about racing and stuff. He was saying how he kills everything he races so far with his GSXR-600. I was like, you obviously haven't run into a KB cobra or been down to Miami and messed with the 1000hp supras. He wanted run for fun sometime, so I was game.

Ran into him today and after some showing off we went from a 40. I hit second and he pulled hard. We tried again at a light and it was just as bad. he let off after 2 car lengths b/c it was no point in wasting gas. As I was following him accelerating from 65, I punched 2nd again and hung on him up to about 100.
I was never expecting to win, especially off the line. But he never raced a Cobra before and wanted to see.

So the questions are:
1. Has anyone beat a bike of any CC?
2. If so, what do you have done and by how much?
3. Was it off the line? (b/c I can't hook for Shiat)
4. Finally, do I stand a better chance at a faster speed? (ex. 80 start, drop 3rd)

Any and all inputs welcome................
a 1200cc bike :poke:

01svtruck

Established Member
i outran a few 600's in my 91 coupe. it was just a 302 with a novi 2000. it made 550 rwhp. i outran a couple from a dead stop, and a couple on the interstate from 75-till about 140 and i let out. its definately not impossible.

The_Sheriff_

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
I don't remember stating that racing from a roll is only from ricers. I also don't recall saying that racing from a roll is "cool". I simply stated that it's very possible to beat the bike. People get their drawers in a wad for no reason. Based on your roll vs. stop argument, it's also not fair to brag about beating a stock Z06 when the Z06 was built to excel on the roadcourse; yet, people continually do it. How about the argument that a Viper may be faster, but look what happens when you spend the initial investment difference on the Cobra? Fact is, they're all arguments constructed to make the Cobra look better.

If you like bikes, then kickass. I enjoy riding them, too. It's just fun to occasionally compare things that generally shouldn't be compared. After all, it is the internet.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and read this post.

Users who are viewing this thread