What does the problem sound like to you? Short track vid from yesterday inside..

Power Trip

Established Member
Hey guys,

Went to the track yesterday and it was VERY hot and humid. My best run was a 11.8@117 which is pretty far from where i am in cooler weather. But anyways, i loseing alot on the 60ft's. My best 60 all day was a 1.8xx. The track was sticky as all hell so i was able to just dump the clutch from around 5k-5500 and the car would hook, but something was slipping. I was originally thinking my clutch was slipping, but i wasnt geting ANY burnt clutch smell :shrug: AFter watching the video's of my car racing i noticed how weird the blower sounded coming off the line. Im wondering if maybe the belt was slipping during that hard launch, then catching up once i got going. It kinda felt like the car was bogging off the line, which would make sense to me if the blower belt was slipping some. I really couldnt launch the car any HARDER. I do get some belt dust, and the belt is very tight. Next time i head up im gonna try some of that belt dressing...

Heres the vid of one run where u can hear what im talking about real well, its only 7mb or so, should be quick to load.

Left clicky

Thanks for taking the time to help me figure this out! Oh btw im on the stock clutch still...

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
To be honest, sounds pretty normal to me. That's actually how a good launch usually sounds, kinda like a slipping clutch but not really. There is a fine line between bog and lighting up the tires and you are right between it where you want to be.

Power Trip

Established Member
I dunno, maybe its just the hot + humid weather. But still, i was launching at 5k+ like usual(im always in the high 1.6 to low 1.7 60ft range) and my 60's were only 1.8s. Something must be slipping(clutch, belt etc)... Othewise my only thought is the comp is pulling a bunch of timing due to heat.

I have video's of my 11.5-11.6 runs from last fall, but im always against some loud ass car so i cant compare the sound of the launch. All i know is when it was cool the car would really jump off the line...

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I know it the hot weather, my stock clutch would get hot as hell and not perform very well, even though I never smelled it.....

Power Trip

Established Member
sambandit said:
I know it the hot weather, my stock clutch would get hot as hell and not perform very well, even though I never smelled it.....

GOod to hear, thanks for the information/help man.

Users who are viewing this thread